Xperia 1 IV, 5 IV and 10 IV support

This is very good info, thank you guys. All I need to do is to find the phone and impatiently wait for licence to be ready to buy :slight_smile:

Besides EMMA, Sony also has an application called XperiaCompanion which has a “repair” function that simply downloads and flashes the latest firmware version. Maybe download it and check which Android version will be offered for your device.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @wetab73, I looked into it, Companion requires a google account to run, I don’t have one and don’t want one :slight_smile:

EDIT: I asked the local Sony representative for an opinion on my problem, I am waiting for a reply.

No Companion doesn’t need google account. It only informes that if you have a google account activated on your phone you must know the login and the password. I have used it without google account.

4 Likes

YES v14 is there!
Many thanks to @phklrz (and others for advice and help) for the google account, I misjudged it and ended up at the first point after starting Companion.
I’m closing my problem, it’s solved, I’m waiting for SFOS! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have opened bootloader in late May. I did not succeeded in with own files in pc but used Sony developer pages.
Now I can not relock the bootloader with my fastboot etc files in pc. Xperia 10 V has android 13.

Xperia Companion does not work either due to unlocked bootloader.Should I now cast my fucking Xperia 10 V out of the window and totally forget my 7th Sailfish OS phone?!

What do you mean by “you can not”? Any error message, etc?

Do you start the device in correct (fastboot) mode? The “virtual” on-screen “LED” indicator should be blue. Is the phone correctly discovered by PC while in fastboot (“blue LED”) mode?

The command to issue from PC is: fastboot oem lock

That’s all it takes. So I can’t see why it wouldn’t work if done correctly.

5 Likes

Do fastboot devices to check. That should give something like HQ63AJ07B4 fastboot in return.

2 Likes

Thank you for help. Everything ok into blue light. The system does not recognise phone. I try orders with and without .\

The USB cable is brand new. It worked well with Sony developer pages, but not in my pc.

By the way, I have googled in internet. The unlocked bootloader should not prevent from receiving updates but … no updates now.

Thank you. I replied also to wetab73. My pc does not regnise anything. Fastboot devices list nothing. The same usb cable worked well in May. I dont know how to see, if both electric loading and file transfer are enabled. How to see it? Or was the problem Windows 11 as someone wrote earlier during last spring?

how do I relock the bootloader. I have just found how to unlock.

Wasn’t there a dependency on USB port generation?
Fastboot works for me only on a 20 years old machine, on any new laptop fastboot does not recognize the phones

1 Like

See wetab73 command above

fastboot oem lock

1 Like

Thanx, have overseen that.

Yeah. My old pc is in pieces somewhere in the recycling system.

So, if Sony developers does not provide also relocking option in it’s internet pages, my Xperia 10 V shall flight soon to the salty sea. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You might find another PC, Apple, virtual PC or SBC (like Raspberry Pi) with USB2 much cheaper than “salty sea trip” :wink:.

EDIT: or USB Linux boot

1 Like

See first paragraph of olf (Olf0) (Olf0) / SailfishX on Xperias ¡ GitLab to manage USB issues.

2 Likes

Try reinstalling USB drivers, e.g. from here: Get the Google USB Driver  |  Android Studio  |  Android Developers

1 Like

Thank you olf!
I found ’ My computer doesn’t detect my Xperia device when connected through USB’. I took a rest a moment. Then try to understand that. :+1:

Thank you wetab73. I will try. I try to figure advices from you and olf.