Xperia 1 IV, 5 IV and 10 IV support

I think the only source which can answer you that question is Jolla them self. So you probably need to wait til they announced which device will be supported. You could also try to raise that question during the community meetings.

1 Like

It is already answered to be likely - for both 10 IV and 10 V - though not guaranteed.

1 Like

I personally hope that the Sony Xperia IV will be supported. As you mentioned, it has already been hinted at here and there. However, I’d rather be sure before someone makes false promises.

I don’t understand what you are trying to say.
A) No, it has literally been said to be likely. No less, no more.
B) I don’t see anyone making false promises anywhere.

3 Likes

Sorry for not being clear enough.

A) No, it has literally been said to be likely. No less, no more.

Yes “likely”. That’s not 100% confirmation for me. I just want to be careful and maybe I am wrong.

B) I don’t see anyone making false promises anywhere.

That is correct, I just want to be careful. So all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a heads-up for Finns, if you feel confident to bite bullet at this point (like I did), Elisa is currently giving -50 € for 10 V for existing customers, so selling at 350 €.

The devices especially in colors other than black seem to be on low or very low stock, so it may again be a struggle to find one if you wait until the official announcement by Jolla (if there indeed will be one for 10 V at all). Then again, you may score a end-of-stock sale at that time. This is the part in my Sailfish hobby I do not enjoy.

I would highly recommend checking the used market too. Not only it is less possible e-waste, but the price can be much lower and the availability much higher.
I got 2 * 10 III last year for 120€ each and just now I got a 3 month old 10 V for 160€ (including shipping and fees).

7 Likes

I also got a 10v from Elisa. Price €349.

1 Like

I second the recommendation to check the local second-hand market, especially for the 10 III and 10 IV that are no longer ‘latest models’. I also got recently a ‘spare’ 10 III for around 100 €.

1 Like

Everyone thinking of getting a Xperia 10 V remember it doesn’t have the notification LED anymore unfortunately… Xperia 10 IV still has it.

3 Likes

I second the recommendation to check the local second-hand

So do I. A quick search today, on Swedish second hand market, gave several “never used” X10V around 230 €.

1 Like

It’s a valid point, but I myself tend to keep and use my Sailfish phones for what I believe pretty much is their planned lifetime. After 2+ years of daily driving the battery tends to be worse for the wear to my liking and I start looking for a new device. This far the accidental every-other-device-bought-new strategy has been working well for me: Jolla 1 (Mar 2015) → Aqua Fish (Nov 2016) → XA2 (Feb 2019) → 10 II (Jun 2021).

2 Likes

I just won an auction on an unopened X10V for 220 €. :smiley:

7 Likes

Also remember in 10iii the led is still not fully functional and defaults to a constant bright green light.
One of the questions we need to ask is how many new bugs/missing features the new portings will bring and not compare hw specs on paper. Sorry being pessimistic.

2 Likes

Could you elaborate on this? The led on my 10iii shows different colors depending on type of notification.

5 Likes

on notification it only turns on and change colour, it cannot flash or breath periodically

I prefer constant any day over blinking, so now it is fully functional to me.

1 Like

It goes to bright green when charging, which is confusing with the email notification. Maybe someone on the forum knows if we can send commands to tune the hex color codes of the different notifications.

You can edit the colors and pattern of the Notification-LED in:

/etc/mce/20hybris-led.ini

create a backup of this File before editing and be sure to have the developer-mode enabled, in case you have to revert to the original if something bad happen.

then

systemctl restart mce.service

I once had the Idea to create a Options-Entry for editing the LED-Color and Pattern as a Patch. But i don´t feel skilled enough with Patches for this Task. Someone with good SailfishOS-Coding-Knownledge should do it. If someone is interested, i can build and support a static Qt-Page with a possible Design for it.

5 Likes

No.
4.5.0.24, Xperia 10 III