Xperia 1 IV, 5 IV and 10 IV support

Are you sure that bootloader re-lock was successful? Did it then wipe all user data and required going through the initial setup from scratch? I got multiple OTA updates on my 10 V. When I was offered the first Android 14 update, I cancelled it and unlocked the bootloader.

1 Like

Hey, I’ve been googling for some time but couldn’t find any conclusive info. I’ve seen may positions where Xperia 10 V was presented as device that comes with two options of ram 6GB and 8 GB, can somebody confirm this?

@wetab73 already gave all the answers that I would do, and I think he is right on that you probably didn’t succeed on bootloader relock.

1 Like

yes, fastboot oem lock finished “Okey”, on first boot after relock the device started “cleaning”, then booted without “unlock” notification and

it continued like the first time I started the phone, I had to set everything up again

I also tried such “extreme” things that I turned off the security on the wifi router, checked if the OEM is turned off after the relock, USB debugging, I turned off the developer mode, it didn’t help.

EDIT: When I connect it to Emma it appears

EDIT 2: Maybe this is the cause of my problem
Software updates are released at different times depending on the carrier, market, or country. Therefore, we can only give you an approximate date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for a specific model.

I really don’t recommend that. AFAIK the OTA update will be transferred over mobile data anyway.

@Ride92, There is two slightly different models of the Sony Xperia 10 V.
XQ-DC72 (Asian Version): 8gb ram, dual nano sim (dual standby) micro sd card uses a sim card slot
XQ-DC54 (Euro Version): 6gb ram, single nano sim and esim (unlikely to be supported for a long time with sailfish), micro sd card uses own slot
All else is the same I think - possibly radio bands are different, though haven’t compared.
Jolla has confirmed that both models will be supported.

2 Likes

Ok, good, so my next move is to start looking for XQ-DC72 :slight_smile: but need to compare the bands first.

Thank you @juz for providing the exact info I was looking for

Hello, I ordered the model 10V XQ-DC72. Last week it has been delivered. O2 Germany and polish MVNO (second card) could connect to LTE/5G. VoLTE is running well. Transfer rate from o2 5G was about 300 Mbps.

I compared the bands and I din’t found a big diffrence but a recheck is well ;D So we all can be sure.

3 Likes

This is very good info, thank you guys. All I need to do is to find the phone and impatiently wait for licence to be ready to buy :slight_smile:

Besides EMMA, Sony also has an application called XperiaCompanion which has a “repair” function that simply downloads and flashes the latest firmware version. Maybe download it and check which Android version will be offered for your device.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip @wetab73, I looked into it, Companion requires a google account to run, I don’t have one and don’t want one :slight_smile:

EDIT: I asked the local Sony representative for an opinion on my problem, I am waiting for a reply.

No Companion doesn’t need google account. It only informes that if you have a google account activated on your phone you must know the login and the password. I have used it without google account.

4 Likes

YES v14 is there!
Many thanks to @phklrz (and others for advice and help) for the google account, I misjudged it and ended up at the first point after starting Companion.
I’m closing my problem, it’s solved, I’m waiting for SFOS! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have opened bootloader in late May. I did not succeeded in with own files in pc but used Sony developer pages.
Now I can not relock the bootloader with my fastboot etc files in pc. Xperia 10 V has android 13.

Xperia Companion does not work either due to unlocked bootloader.Should I now cast my fucking Xperia 10 V out of the window and totally forget my 7th Sailfish OS phone?!

What do you mean by “you can not”? Any error message, etc?

Do you start the device in correct (fastboot) mode? The “virtual” on-screen “LED” indicator should be blue. Is the phone correctly discovered by PC while in fastboot (“blue LED”) mode?

The command to issue from PC is: fastboot oem lock

That’s all it takes. So I can’t see why it wouldn’t work if done correctly.

5 Likes

Do fastboot devices to check. That should give something like HQ63AJ07B4 fastboot in return.

2 Likes

Thank you for help. Everything ok into blue light. The system does not recognise phone. I try orders with and without .\

The USB cable is brand new. It worked well with Sony developer pages, but not in my pc.

By the way, I have googled in internet. The unlocked bootloader should not prevent from receiving updates but … no updates now.

Thank you. I replied also to wetab73. My pc does not regnise anything. Fastboot devices list nothing. The same usb cable worked well in May. I dont know how to see, if both electric loading and file transfer are enabled. How to see it? Or was the problem Windows 11 as someone wrote earlier during last spring?

how do I relock the bootloader. I have just found how to unlock.

Wasn’t there a dependency on USB port generation?
Fastboot works for me only on a 20 years old machine, on any new laptop fastboot does not recognize the phones

1 Like