Trying out SailfishOs on my Xperia10 ( went for the Xmas ‘2 for the price of 1’ offer) and using it as my daily phone into 2022 … I installed LineageOs over it.
It just wasn’t usable, here’s what I encountered.
- No noise cancellation during phone calls … people had a hard time listening due to surrounding noise and complained about it.
On ‘loudspeaker’ the feedback to the mic was horrendous, giving the other side double echos.
- Battery life was almost halved compared to previous stock Android and later LineageOs.
- Bluetooth doesn’t work properly i.e refuses to be usefull as my carkit.
- GPS is slooooow’ on initializing albeit there are some tricks to work around that.
- After using the GPS for a while and getting a call ,subsequently either blocks the phone connection and/or the GPS positioning, requiring a hard reboot.
- When leaving a WiFi connection a cellular data connection isn’t always activated as it should.
- The sound volume when phoning was too low even at maximum setting.
There are more smaller gripes (as well as a few pros too) I wont mention now because beside the point.
Also I’m well aware that my points are practically all hardware related.
IMO SailfishOs shouldn’t have been shipped to a specific product directly in the way that was done with the Xperia10.
- Not with that many hardware inconsistencies.
It’s the worst PR you can think of in the long run.
As much as I loved my Jolla phones and really willing to jump through some hoops to have SailfishOs running nicely on my Xperia10 … I don’t even have the heart to give away the free 2nd version to any other Xperia10 owner. It’s a recipe for disaster.