Too many issues to be usable on Xperia10 II

I guess display orientation mode is set to “dynamic”? See settings → display → orientation. Just to exclude the obvious. Because changing orientation works fine on my 10 ii. In the menue you can also fix the orientation either way, i.e. landscape or portrait.

I hope the same. Sometimes hopes come true qickly. After I updated my X 10 II to 4.3.0.15 yesterday for example android apps have access to wifi without problems.

As far as I’m aware orientation is set to “Dynamic”.
But I decided to run the CSDtool tonight and my accelerometer keeps displaying a “Fail” result when doing the test.
Maybe the sensor is poopzenfartzenshitzen (as they say in German…I think) :thinking:

Maybe a silly question, but you haven’t locked orientation in the pulley, habe you?

Just checked that one. What I get when I tap the icon is either “Portrait” or “Locked” (circular arrow with padlock). Should there be a “Landscape” between those two?

You can lock landscape after letting the device switch to landscape mode automatically by turning it. There is a patch to enforce landscape mode for the gemini pda. Not sure if there is another way to switch manually. Did the sensor work under Android properly?

OK, after messing about with it today I have this. When I switch on Landscape in settings the icon in the pully menu reflects this and some native apps do go to Landscape, i.e Calendar will go Landscape on launch and videos will play in landscape from the gallery. Android apps like VLC will not go landscape.
I’m not sure if it worked properly under Android as I bought the phone from JD Store with Sailfish pre-installed.

VLC should do landscape when in fullscreen mode.
You could also install aida64 to determine the sensor function.

When I enable Landscape in the main settings the majority of apps that can use it will go to landscape.
Fulguris browser goes landscape and VLC does now playback video in landscape but the interface switches to portrait when the video ends.
But if I turn Dynamic on everything sticks to landscape and although that setting remains the icon in the top pulley menu switches to reflect that rotation is turned off. I’ve already got Aida64 installed but couldn’t get that to display landscape at all when I enabled Dynamic in settings.
Strangely enough, since I’ve got some apps to display in landscape they now won’t go to portrait no matter what the settings are.
I must have some crazy ass bug that no one else has encountered.