The Volla 22 (Gigaset GS5) Thread

Android Apps dont work with this port:-(

Yes and no. The Jolla android support is only available on the X program from Jolla. however, it is possible to run waydroid: https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/waydroid-on-sfos/ has some information. But I don’t use it, so I’m not sure what can and can’t be done.

1 Like

The user experience is: you have to start Waydroid subsystem from the app grid, like any other app. Then, a full Android environment launches and this needs some time. After it’s launched, the screen looks like an Android phone and operating the phone inside Waydroid is also A-like. Inside Waydroid, you can have more than one A-app open at the same time and change between them. It has to be operated like an A-phone. On swiping down, not the A-app but the whole Waydroid closes. You can have Waydroid and SF-apps open at the same time, and you can switch between SF-apps and Waydroid by swiping sideways, but file exchange between SFOS and Waydroid is very tricky.

4 Likes

thanks mr. poetaster

any download link for waydroid and install
instruction?

thanks

You need to use chum to install. Instructions and source; GitHub - sailfishos-open/waydroid: Waydroid packaging for Sailfish OS

1 Like

Hello sir chum ??? i dont know to use it sorry

Surf to
https://chumrpm.netlify.app/
select SFOS version and device architecture, download the sailfishos-chum-gui rpm and then install it. Chum will appear on the app grid.

Thanks Seven.of.nine :+1:

If problems occur, maybe there’s a conflict between Waydroid and dnsmasq. In this case type in cli:
devel-su
pkcon remove dnsmasq

1 Like

Thanks Seven.of.nine

Hey,

many thanks for your work here so far. I consider the GS5 the perfect follower for the xperia. So i was hoping somebody would do a port for it.
Do you have a status what is working or not? I am searching for a good used one for a while but if you’re successfull with the port anybody could even brand the GS5 with Sailfish logo. So i would think now about getting a new one in Sailfish style XD That would be great.

Hello,

my vodafone germany sim card would be not detectet :frowning:
what can i do???
i flashed build from 18.October…
the newest build dont boot up…wich build should i install?
Thanks

Some users have reported that a reboot fixes the sim card issue. Ive not had a problem. I will check the latest builds though, and get them integrated with the volla multi boot manager

In my case, sending and receiving sms works. But if I try to call someone i get the message “no network”. If someone calls me and I answer, the phone reboots immediately.

Sim slot 1 is my vodafone card…
rebooting dont work…
sim slot 2 the same problem…

i try later the last…newest build…
i hope simcard work…

Flashed some builds with linux mint 21…after some reboot vodafone simcard in slot 1
works now :+1: my new gigaset gs5 volla phone22 :+1:

Thanks mr. piggz

1 Like

Ah, i had this … you have an old build i think. Try zypper ref/dup, you need to replace “ofono-binder-plugin” with “ofono-ril-binder-plugin”

1 Like

Oh, and you all know these are dev builds, there are no user builds yet…but im working on that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: How can i remove some apps like calculator…mail…