The big Thank You & Coffee thread

Thanks and coffee to @rinigus for the excellent maps. I would have lost my way many times without PureMaps + OSMScoutServer for offline use.

Thanks and coffee to @rinigus & @Mister_Magister for Pure Maps & microTube that I really appreciate and are essential on SailfishOS.

Thanks to @poetaster for the maintained apps and specially Captain’s Log which I am using every day!
My children will have a lot to read/delete because of you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is maintained by @ichthyosaurus I believe? Who should get a coffee about now!

1 Like

Oh,I am sory.
Haha, too many beverages, I confuse people!
I may have mixed something somewhere… :–)
@ichthyosaurus, do you drink coffee? Have you got a cup somewhere?

1 Like

Ah, I’m gonna be broke this month. @rinigus navigated us through Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria on vacation. @piggz helped with photography.

5 Likes

Thanks, and that photo looks great!

1 Like

As people have asked: I prepared a Liberapay profile at https://liberapay.com/ichthyosaurus/ . (I never came around to polish it so I didn’t promote the link in my apps yet.)
This is a great initiative @enrish, thank you all :blush:.

Maybe we should create a separate wiki-thread where developers can post their coffee links?

Hej! Stupid question, but do we have to do recurring payments? You’d have coffee by now if there was a ‘one time’ option.

1 Like

And, to answer my own question:
One-time donations aren't properly supported yet, but you can discontinue your donation immediately after the first payment.

1 Like

@ichthyosaurus cheers!
I don’t know how I would manage my files without harbour-file-browser. It’s much more cosy than terminal.
And harbour-captains-log is cool too!
Many thanks for continuing these apps!

3 Likes

Jolla has introduced Flattr, but that was no success, for the same reason. I don’t want a Paypal account so I donated several times via my ordinary bank. That’s not an easy way either.

1 Like

I thought Liberapay also allows to directly use Paypal (even though many people dislike it, and I do too). I updated my previous post with the info.

1 Like

Beer or coffee to @Allstar12345 for the sRadio app ! I use it everyday and it is incredible.

2 Likes

Finally I can post :wink: thanks to @rinigus for Pure Maps. Please join me!

I hope that I’ll soon fix my issues (noob here) with WF so I can donate again :wink:.

Some more coffees cups for @ichthyosaurus!
Thanks for the great apps!

2 Likes

Sailfish OS forever !
Not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard ! :wink:

1 Like

Coffee for @ichthyosaurus

Many thanks for the patch to remove Weather info from the lock screen, had recently discovered the update from April on OpenRepos. A small detail but has been irritating me ever since the option was removed from Settings!

2 Likes

and

devel-su 
pkcon remove sailfish-weather

removes it completely, if the app is not needed.

1 Like

Also, if a user wishes to keep the Sailfish Weather app but does not want to use patchmanager, then the appropriate file can be edited with just ONE character removed.

devel-su nano /usr/lib64/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Weather/WeatherIndicator.qml

import Sailfish.Weather 1.0

Row {
    id: root

property alias ...
    property alias ...
    property alias ...
    property alias ...

anchors.horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter
    height: image.height
    spacing: Theme.paddingMedium
    visible: !weather    // <---- this line looked like this originally; visible: !!weather

Image {
       id: image

Removing just one exclamation mark makes the lockscreen weather hidden.

2 Likes