Telegram for android >6.2 voice messages silent

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often) every time
BUILD ID:
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Xperia X
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No

DESCRIPTION:

After I updated the android version of telegram from 6.2 to 6.3 voice messages are silent. I made a downgrade to let it work again. Now I updated telegram 6.2 to 7.0 and voice messages are silent again. I contacted the Support of telegram an they don’t know this bug till now. I think it could be related to PulseAudio

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Install Telegram 7.0 for Android on Xperia X
  2. Try to listen to a voice message

EXPECTED RESULT:

Sound of the voice message

ACTUAL RESULT:

no sound

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Help would be great :slight_smile: Thx!

Please let me know, if this bug also exists on Xperia XA2 or Xperia 10. I love my X but I would change the device to fix this bug.

Hi. Are you still with this problem? This is happening to my xperia X too. Telegram mesaages do not play! I also contacted support but the same answer. Yesterday I flash my phone from scratch but it persists. Don’t know what’s going on. I tried to play telegram audio files manually with an ogg sailfish player and it worked fine. Any ideas?

Yes it’s still a problem for me. My uncomfortable workaround till now: I use Telegra’me now to hear voice messages in unencrypted chats. In encrypted chats I can’t hear them, because the encrypted chat is only available in the android version.

Well, I tried version 6.2 and works! It’s seems a good workaround for now.
Try Yottagram, i think it’s quite better than Telegra’me. Fernschreiber is a good one too.
Clearly the problem is due to last Sailfish Dalvik upgrade and telegram. Ogg files play ok using any Android player. Also on a Sailfish player, of course.
I’ll keep digging and searching for a solution, or at least the cause of the problem.
Please let me know if you find something.