Swedish Bank-ID/Swish

How so?
Isn’t the point that you can delegate it to whatever app for those needs?
The main difference is that the next link in the chain of trust is something you own, and that is backed by the state - as opposed to the good will and whims of your bank.

It seems entirely plausible that we could make such an app for Sailfish if the technology manages to keep away from silly proprietary stuff and useless certification programs. I’ll put in the work and money myself if it comes to it.

That’s just the spin on it to make i clickworthy for news reporting. I wonder if it actually works anywhere at all where it matters. I can’t see anything listed; and since properly making use of it requires integration, the list might actually be 0-length.

2 Likes

I have read and understood that one of the basic prerequisites for the state e-ID is that it should be platform-independent, so it should become possible to use in Sailfish.

As for the banks, they are just trying to get the final and complete control of our lives and money. So please don’t go that way!

3 Likes

In the link i posted they clearly states that the government eID will be physical card that you can use with your phone or computer.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up using the chip in national ID och passport or we will get yet another card to carry around.
Then we might get an app that works much like BankID digital ID an app that is bound to the physical national ID or passport with same expiration date and a physical card that one can “blip” for identification that is plattform independant and works for all.

I called my bank and BankID and they both told me that you can’t activate digital BankID at the bank office but maybe i will try anyway.
I actually helped a someone activate digitalt BankID today on android and it’s a hit and miss there as well, on one phone it worked on the other the camera wasn’t able to read the three lines at the back of the ID so i couldn’t activate it.

You will be able to use Digital BankID at systembolaget late September 2023.

Could someone else try to install BankID Digitalt ID-card on a phone with an unlocked bootloader.
In my testing it won’t work on any android phone with unlocked bootloader.

It won’t even get that far since it needs NFC which isn’t plumbed in in AAS.

If you are asking about on an Android device, i’m sorry, but i think you’ll have better luck on an Android forum.

Assuming you mean BankID Digitalt ID-card, then yes, it would make sense you can’t (i.e. being limited to plain BankID).
So, @Mohjive, are you sure?

I was talking about if it works on an android device with unlocked bootloader.
I tried on an device i previously had sailfish on and now runs android.
I couldn’t add the Nationellt ID to the bankid app that’s needed for the digital ID.

At what point did you fail? I tried with my X running LineageOS but couldn’t go all the way because my passport is to old, but no problem untill where I should NFC.

Hi guys, anyone found a way to manage login to minmyndighetspost.se, on the phone, without other devices?

Something is fishy with invoking bankid:// from the native browser indeed.
(Makes me think about when QR code reading didn’t work and i added a url-handler for that, not only on the phone itself, but on my desktop to ssh that over to the phone… that instruction should be around here somewhere i think).
But for expediency i just used Android Firefox now, and everything Just Worked™.

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t even think about adding another f*****g android app.

At the first opportunity to make an open client for the government eID, i’ll take some serious time off from work if that is what it takes to make one happen. BankID needs to die post haste.

8 Likes

I agree. I don’t have much money, but will support in any other way possible.

Moving the discussion to a better thread.

I guess that depends on what you mean. I read somewhere here that you needed Bluetooth all sorts of nonsense. Maybe it was some sort of transfer, or silly app based stuff. Hard to know.
How current is this information?

If you mean activating from the bank webpage (which is hopefully still a thing - but for how much longer?) then the oldschool pin pad is probably all the backup i want/need.

I was referring to the last time I activated BankID on my X. I could thus identify myself with the BankID app I already had on my backup Android device. The device I had been using all along, before I got it to work in AAS.

My bank gives me the opportunity to register up to three BankID units.

Please fill in then blanks and don’t leave me guessing.
How did the activation actually happen? How long ago was this?

Well, it’s some time ago… Swedish Bank-ID/Swish - #44 by eson
My bank (ICA Banken) made me activate (logged in on web page) a second registration via my first mobile one. Of course there was also the pin pad choice.

1 Like

Look what I found in latest BankID settings…

I have an idea. Why don’t we all report Finansiell ID-Teknik BID AB to diskrimineringsombudsmannen (DO), because they don’t provide BankID for Linux users?
To me, it smells of discrimination from afar.

I would think that the more people who report, the greater the chance that they will actually investigate it.

Edit:
My registration has now been submitted.

1 Like

Welcome to the dystopia of free enterprise.
I have contacted Konkurrensverket both 2020 and 2022, and the relevant ministers on both Sweden and EU level. As well as DIGG.

I know, I was also engaged in another campaign, 6 or 7 years ago, but that didn’t include discrimination. So I thought a mass campaign from this angle, could be worth trying.
I mean, it doesn’t cost anything, except a few minutes typing.

Edit:
I can even share my submission (.docx version) as inspiration or template for those who want to help, though I’m sure you can do it better then me.