There have been a lot of posts related to a frustrating buggy SF experience across all devices. Dropped calls, buggy browser, maps/gps just not working, random crashes, low audio, Bluetooth issues the list goes on. This yields a best a frustrating user experience and is turning Sailors away from SFOS seeks for stability of Android/iOS. Couple this with the complexity of the install and not as easy to obtain of latest hardware X10ii is only really yielding a more fringe buggy experience and ever narrowing user-base.
Another discussion yielded to a conversation on what if we have a stable more viable hardware base. Refine SFOS with a series of bug fix releases and make a more robust and enjoyable experience. Jolla does not work on trying to make a new hardware revision work and all the effort that involves.
In my eyes Fairphone 3 + is the only viable option. EU based, sustainable sourced, modular (remember Jolla 1 ideas), readily available, spare parts, known chipset SD632, easily unlocked boot loader and most importantly long term support on the hardware side. It would not be unrealistic to see an official SF port on the FP website including Alien Dalvik as an alternative. I know jolla has its eyes else where for ArouraOS but I dont see what having sailfish X gains jolla any-more except frustrated narrowing band of users over too much hardware.
- Since we are the only forum for SF, do we as a community like to see this to happen and share this frustration ?
- If we do , how do we make this a more directed request towards Jolla. Knowing that that is all we can do is request/suggest this.
- If we do not do we just do nothing and accept the current situation ?
Perhaps if I change my questions we can have a more directed discussion
How can Jolla get to a long term stable hardware base. It feels like the ever changing Xperia X direction is introducing alot of bugs an ruining the user experience whilst adding more work to a limited development team
- Would Fairphone which has a longer term more stable hardware support be a more viable option for full Sailfish + Alien Dalvik. Stable devel ?
- Do we know why this is not the case ?
- Do we thing this is a better direction ?
- If so how do we influence this ?