I thought it was perhaps not an evidence to all on how to ssh into the phone.
To ease terminal command typing, to ease copy-paste, to solve things, it is useful being able to do it into a computer. Very handy and faster.
So here is a simple how-to. Feel free to complete/comment.
This is for Linux machines as I don’t know how it goes in Windows or Macos.
edit: @gaidheal indicated Powershell + some module to install, can be used in Windows.
On the phone side:
- Go into the settings and open Developer Tools
- Tick Developer Mode
- Tick Remote connection
- Enter a password, click “Save” + enter code
- Look at the USB IP address (usually 192.168.2.13)
- You can close the page and the settings.
Plug the phone to the computer and tick “developper mode”
On the computer side:
Open a terminal
Depending on your useranme, type either:
ssh firstname.lastname@example.org (or the USB IP address you found earlier instead of 192.168.2.13)
ssh email@example.com (or the USB IP address you found earlier instead of 192.168.2.13)
If you ignore your username (nemo or defaultuser), just open a terminal window. The username will be written in the prompt. (Terminal app just appeared in the app grid when you enabled Developer Mode)
Enter the password you entered in the phone in the Developer Tools page
You are now into your phone.
To exit and come back into your computer’s shell, type:
If you want to connect without cable but through wifi:
- Connect the phone’s wifi
- Connect your computer
- Look at the WLAN address in the Settings Developer tools page
- Follow the same procedure but replace the USB IP address by the WLAN address.