Sony Xperia 10 V - First impressions

I couldn’t resist unpack and hit the start button on my newly arrived X10V… and god what I hate android. :face_vomiting:
On the other hand, the device seem to have a nice screen.

14 Likes

Are you trying to install Sailfish OS to that device?

4 Likes

I wish, but no, not yet. I think I’ll have to wait for Jolla to give me the opportunity. :wink:

8 Likes

Compared to my 10 II and my rephone, the screen is great, I love the plastic back (no slippery, breakable glass back) and the form factor. The not so rounded edges gives a good grip . The phpne is light and the battery performance is overwhelming. Seems even better than the rephone. Even the sound got much better. At the moment there are exactly two things I hate: Android and the missing LED.

6 Likes

If a phone is longer than the average penis length then its designed wrong. Fact.

12 Likes

So my phone could get a little longer to match.:smiley: Great comparison

7 Likes

I don’t really care about the missing led. 10 years on Sailfish and I’ve never even bothered to learn what it’s all about.
But you are right, Android is bad. So bad that I’ve actually put the phone back in the box, waiting for Jolla. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

For the missing LED you can activate Nokiaish always-on screen on OLED devices

I have activated it for my xz2 compact community SFOS Port when pulling it out of the Pocket or move the Hand over the top of the Smartphone (Depth-Sensor on Front)

9 Likes

So phones in Ecuador can be much larger than in cambodia. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Fellfrosch

Now this Video makes more sense to me:

:grin:

1 Like

Curious about why is bad in your opinion.
Obviously I prefer sailfish over android, but the truth is that the device works as it should with android.

Are you serious? Besides that android is a fucking mess, in terms of GUI, it also is part of american surveillance systems. Not to mention what google alone do to your privacy and your data.

7 Likes

You said you put it back in the box so I assumed it was lacking something in the user experience department, that’s why I asked.

Well, it was lacking Sailfish OS. Other than that, I’m sure I will be very happy with the device, when it finally happens. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Nice. Still waiting for mine to arrive and hope for a good experience!

2 Likes

Mansell, it was what we in the British Navy call… a lack of discipline.

2 Likes

Or you could call it inquisitiveness. :wink:

2 Likes

Goshdangit, the price of the device seems to be going up? It doesn’t seem to be sold new under 448 € anywhere in Finland (though Elisa is still selling it at 349 € for the existing customers, now touting a -100 € sale instead of the -50 € which they had when it was selling at 399 € a week back).

1 Like

There still seems to be good stock available (e.g. 100+: https://www.gigantti.fi/product/puhelimet-tabletit-ja-alykellot/puhelimet/sony-xperia-10-v-5g-alypuhelin-6128-gb-musta/625938) so I’m guessing myself one is safe to wait some more for (official announcement of incoming 10 V support || next sale campaign). Multiple stores had back-to-back sales campaigns for it the whole February, 450 € being the nominal price.

4 Likes

I’m waiting with the order for official start of Sailfish X for this device. I would risk and will order an Asian’s version XQ-DC72 because of two physical sim cards and 8GB RAM. Currently I have a sailfish os device with a community support, but the problem with recognition of the cards avoids productive usage.
I know the developer confirmed this model number too but I don’t want to buy a device for over 400 Euro for my drawer :slight_smile:

3 Likes