SFOS Forum Viewer - feedback thread

I have problems by logging into the App. If I swipe down to select “login” the login-Page from Jolla-account appears. But the Desktop version and not the mobile one. After login a new page “Authorize application access” is shown.

After logout an Re-login the “Authorize application access” Is shown and not the Real login page. Is logit no more possible? All this pages in Desktop versions instead of mobile. And the tex and buttons are very small.

You can clear your webview cache if you want to access the login prompt again (just delete ~/.local/share/harbour-sfos-forum-viewer/* ), but you should be able to just click the authorize button to get a new auth key

1 Like

Tanks a lot for this app, I particularily appreciate the recently added possibility to reply within the app.
However the UI for this is a bit cumbersome, since the latest comment to which you probably would like to reply is at the bottom of the list, while the reply action is placed in the top pulley. Possible improvements would be to invert the order of the comments to newest on top, or move the reply action to a bottom pulley

1 Like

Long press on a post to get the option to reply to a post (with post quoted by default, might need to move that to pulley menu as not always needed)

1 Like

Indeed, I did not realise that. Is this a recent change? Very nice.

It was added in 1.0.5 together with starting threads (browse categories to see that option)

1 Like

Thank you.

And yes I can click on the button but i find it curious and confusing.

Thank you for the App and I agree with davidrasch.

I fully agree with you.

When logging in, after giving username and password, and pressing Authorize, I get error

Oops!

The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected error.

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We’ll take a look at it.

No further action is needed. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional details, including steps to reproduce the error by posting a discussion topic in the sites feedback category.

Few times already on few days. Perhaps I should follow the advice in the message, and post in a new thread.

Weird, if it happened once it could’ve been you hitting an already used clientID (it’s not being generated very long but that should still be less than 1 in 10k chance), someone on OR mentioned he needed first to login in browser for the login in app to work, wasn’t aware of that so maybe this? If that doesn’t help could you drop a timestamp here after a failed attempt, someone from the forum staff could maybe dig out the actual error from logs (no idea why discourse always has cryptic errors clientside)

Now it’s 9th Dec 23:20 East European Time. And 23:23, 23:28, 23:32.
Logged in with laptop & phone.

And now it is solved. I just had to upgrade to the latest version.

Hey, thanks for your work and your great app!
Nevertheless, I have some suggestions: :wink:

• editing posts doesn’t seem to work for me? (Or is it a “karma points” thing?)
  • Markdown preview would be very nice.

One thing else:

• And after leaving a reply I don’t see i immediately. I have to go back, re-enter the thread and scrolk down.

New version is now in Openrepos. Excellent!

2 Likes