SFOS Forum Viewer - feedback thread

Ok, it went from 2:5 to 17:13, the trend is pretty clear, thanks for the poll, I guess it’s time to incorporate the results, I still love the original icon tho, ffs

The way i see it is that the SDK is their creation and they can use their logo in it. You are supposed to replace it with custom logos/icons/art for your app.

TBH i don’t know if jolla minds or if they are ok with people using (ie creating custom art with it) it but better be safe. It is a nice question to ask in one of the next community meetings BTW.

2 Likes

As this forum should be the new community communication platform I would say one of the Jolla team should be already listening and bringing an answer here soon™.
Mailing list is obsolete and replaced by this forum.

But TBH I would not await that but ask them directly via zendesk (expecting a friendly but neglecting management-answer).

And then go the meeting way as only communication where you might expect to get an official answer.

Would be nice if there was a category label with each entry on the main list…

1 Like

Yeah this seems like a great idea, does anyone know how to share data between coverPage-firstPage-attachedPage? I seem to be only able to call functions from those… so making a vlookup from categoryPage is a nono? I’m sure I’m missing some super easy thing

You could load the categories at startup into a lookup dict.
Something along the lines of this in “harbour-sfos-forum-viewer.qml”:

property var categories: ({})
Component.onCompleted: {
    ... load categories ...
    for (var i = 0; i < results.length; i++) {
        categories[results[i].id] = results[i].id
    }
}

“latest.json” includes the field “category_id”…

1 Like

Ok, so we need to move things to application.xyz… Just curious why attachedPage fails to show up in pageStack.find, it’s supposed to be searching the whole stack lol

Weird, yes… You could check PageStack.qml…

Not sure if I understand you right, but I tried pagestack.find on depth, objectname, id… attachedPage is just freaking out of this world and ignores all possible ways of finding

WTF? How did these 3 posts came into being?

“Now lets hear what you did as a lady”
“Like fucking serioursly: you like it>? This is fucking it you shit”
“PageStack == the guy out of straw, or maybe potato… Surely not the girl that can strike her knees any t9ime right>?”

And how is spam generated in logged in user name??? Is my PC compromised or something on FSFOS side???

EDIT: ok, something on my PC side as github which I had open ended up with random issue and comments too at exactly same time (5h ago):

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying, as I was already wondering how many vodka has been involved in these posts. :slight_smile:
(and I think to remember to have seen such behaviour already once more from your PC, here on FSO)

uh, scary

1 Like

Does anyone know if styles* trick can be used on /</s/>? Like “” +
“a { color: %1 }”.arg(Theme.highlightColor) +

Thanks for believing in me peter!

I can’t even display style vs non-style as it gets hammered by the html interpreter… but you know what I mean

Please elaborate how many vodkas do you need to gpt2 those?

“Like fucking serioursly: you like it>? This is fucking it you shit”
“PageStack == the guy out of straw, or maybe potato… Surely not the girl that can strike her knees any t9ime right>?”

EDIT: FunnyAI vs ObviousAI is funny/obvious, of course the drunk retard will post that shit, AI posting can only work if you assume the OP is drunk and makes no fucking sense, thanks, now imagine anyone ever posting: ```

1 Like

@szopin https://github.com/szopin/harbour-sfos-forum-viewer/pull/33

I think that attached pages are stored differently in the stack than regular pages, so they don’t get searched. Sounds like a bug, actually. (I’m not 100% sure if I read the code correctly, though.)

2 Likes

the new icon doen not display after update.
nor after pkcon refresh nor after pkcon update.
It’s just a icon, so no drama, but still…

For me it changed after homescreen restart.

1 Like

(Or just restart the phone every now and then.)

1 Like

Launcher is part of Lipstick (lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher) as a result, sometimes lipstick needs refreshing, this can be done a number of ways. For me, I have an icon on my launcher which refreshes lipstick when tapped, the basis of that icon is a single line of code, which you can also enter directly into the Terminal;

systemctl --user restart lipstick
1 Like

Thank’s for your app!
I just have Issues reading text formatted as code. The lines are truncated that’s a bit bad :confused: