Today is a beautiful day, and nothing would make me more happy than spending it inside looking into the memory issues related to the SFOS native browser.
No surprise to anyone here that the browser crashes frequently, and when it crashes, it takes other natives apps with it. I want to address this issue.
Goal of this post is to produce a bug report as extensive as possible for the devs. Reason of this post is “how should I proceed to do so ?”
- What tools can I run on my phone to track the live memory consumption (htop kinda) ?
- Where can I find the crash logs of the browser ?
- Different scenarios ideas:
- browser only, open a few tabs that consume a lot (youtube for example)
- browser + other native apps
- same tasks after reboot of the phone
Can you think of other scenarios and other measurements that can be done to have an extensive bug report ?