(jolla browser) Sites that aren't working

So, it happens from time to time (often unfortunately) i come across some webpage who do not work in the default browser and thought it would be nice to have a list of those so people can contribute and jolla can test them for their internal bug tracking

Before someone says that, yes, these sites may have been badly designed but they work perfectly in firefox mobile and even epiphany on pc, so yes, it’s just the default jolla browser being bad or too old :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll start anyway

5 Likes

SITE
Amazon (every version)

WHAT IS IT:
An online store, the most famous perhaps

WHAT DOES WORK
Everything but the product page. If you open it via a search enginge you can even see the ratings page for a product but the actual product page just stay blank (completely white)

WHAT DOES NOT
You can’t see items as the product page does not display at all, it just display for a brief second then become completely white

EDIT : Seems to work right now

2 Likes

SITE
G2A
g2a.com

WHAT IS IT
A key reseller for game keys and various programs

WHAT DOES WORK
Nothing at all

WHAT DOES NOT
Everything is exactly as the amazon product page. It displays for a brief second then it’s completely white

2 Likes

SITE
Skrill

WHAT IS IT
An online wallet, more or less like paypal

WHAT WORKS
Well, i would say pages that do not require to log in so not the actual account

WHAT DOES NOT
The mail input field does not work at all, meaning you can only input your password but not your mail, so you cannot access your account. I would then say that the most important part is not working

(and by the way the android app does not work as it requires the usual gpservices)

SITE
Steam

WHAT IS IT
Steam is the biggest online store for digital games

WHAT DOES WORK
Most of the things that doesn’t require to enter your account

WHAT DOES NOT
Logging, they ask for a code sent in your inbox but the input field for writing it does not respond to any keyboard input so you can’t sign in or buy games on your phone nor manage your account

I was able to get it to work just one or two times by copying the code letter by letter instead of writing it but it was so broken it was a pain to do , and anyway in 4.5 does not work anymore

1 Like

SITE
Goo Goo Dolls Shop

WHAT IS IT
The online shop for the band Goo Goo Dolls (we all remember Iris right? :stuck_out_tongue: )

WHAT DOES WORK
Nothing, it just displays a blank page

WHAT DOES NOT
Everything, as i said it doesn’t load at all displaying just a blank page

Site
Fedex Tracking
https://www.fedex.com/it-it/home.html

WHAT IS IT
Page for the Fedex courier

WHAT WORKS
I guess almost everything, haven’t really tried

WHAT DOES NOT
Tracking numbers always returns errors and can’t display tracking informations

No problem with vivaldi on appsupport

SITE
Neteller

WHAT IS IT
A digital wallet, exactly like Skrill, also from the same company

WHAT DOES WORK
Same as Skrill, everything that does not require a log in

WHAT DOES NOT
Again, same as Skrill, mail input field is not working so we can’t log in

It’s a workaround, not a solution, but some of them seem to work in desktop mode.

I tried only Fedex, Amazon, G2A, (all working), and Warner (not working), because the others’ issues were related to logging in.

I hope it helps you a bit.

PS
I opened another page first, e.g. example.com, turned desktop mode on, and JUST THEN went to the desired website.

1 Like

Thank you, i had thought the same, but skrill was facing the same problem in desktop mode so i thought desktop mode was not the solution…

SITE
Ho-mobile sim activation procedure
Ho-mobile.it

WHAT IS IT
An italian mobile carrier, in this case the web procedure to activate a sim card, that it’s being triggered by the application (an android one)

WHAT DOES WORK
Nothing

WHAT DOES NOT
Everything, as soon as the procedure loads you get a “ops, qualcosa è andato storto” message (ops, something is gone wrong) and it doesn’t even load

Just for info, it works on vivaldi with appsupport but despite permissions being given it does not trigger the camera, so you can’t provide documents, so it’s useless. No problem (ofc) on the same vivaldi with a chinese android phone

For the record, it’s a mobile only procedure so there’s no desktop version of the site

I have a request for this thread:

Please do not create SEO connections between SFOS forums and sites that aren’t working on SFOS.

Mention the sites in a code block instead, example:

"https://www.neteller.com/de"

especially to avoid Discourse creating OpenGraph previews, but really anything that shows up as a clickable link is bad.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Sure, can the sfos forum app do that?
Or i can do things like neteller dot com

I just tested amazon.de product pages and they work fine. I have crashes often and sometimes the same page, opened a second time after a crash can be viewed the whole way down. it’s really weird.

Sometimes it’s Jolla’s fault, but in this case you should rather tell the company to get their shit right.
The linked case is just one of many.

2 Likes

You are perfectly right, but you know what?you think amazon will care?and anyway, it’s working perfectly on a very old version of firefox mobile, so, still jolla can do something on their side, like upgrading the browser to a newer base…

I have also problems with the amazon website, especially viewing a product. I have noticed tho if you scroll down the blank page enough you can view the details of the product. Another interesting thing is that switching to desktop mode everything works fine.

1 Like

The best way to do this would be to obviate the need to make threads like these…

1 Like

Like to make a working browser?

Anyway, i need to update amazon as seems to be working right now…

May I kindly request that you go back and edit these posts?

1 Like