Sailfish OS for Sony Xperia 1 and 5

I have been trying this out for a couple of days now. Everything seems to work fine but for some random reason the camera and flashlight stops working after a while, have reflashed 3 times and it happens every time. I also installd waydroid… can it be a connection there or is someone else having this issue?

Try closing every app using the camera on one side, depending on what you want to do i.e. kill all the camera-related apps on SFOS to use it on Android or vice-versa.

Thanks for your replay. The problem was that the camera in sailfish os only showed colored stripes like a test picture on tv even after a reboot, but worked in Waydroid. I think vibration and flashlight stop working to. But I managed to resolve this issue by reflash and disable “adaptation0” repo (there are a couple of packages in there and when they are updated the camera brakes ). But now there don’t seems to be any problems and are up and running 4.5.0.19, fingers crossed.

Forgot to mention that I am using a Xperia 1 (J9110)

Hello, After installing the sailfish-os firmware on the Xperia-1 J9110, WLAN and SIM functions are missing, and i bought a xperia 10-iii license from jolla because i thought it would work - can you help me ?

1 Like

I think you installed Sailfish on Android 11. You need to downgrade your Android version to 10 before installing Sailfish.

Is it possible to bind an Xperia 10 II license to xperia 1 and 5?

No.     

1 Like

at jolla-zendesk they said i should try it with a 10iii license after installing it

ok thanks but how do i get back to android, und zurück zu android 10 ?

https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/xperia-10-ii-and-android-12/12863

Thanks for your work. Are updates to this port pending?

thank you the installation was successful everything works also the update 4.5 worked perfectly

Your license works with Xperia 1, if so, then I think to buy it too.

1 Like

no the license doesn’t work

2 Likes

Hello.
Vibration on my Xperia 5 when using Sailfish OS has the same short period in all cases. Including for an incoming call. Vibration duration is not adjustable. Everything works fine on Android.
Works fine on Xperia XZ2. Vibration duration is adjustable.
Please check on your Xperia 1 and 5.

The bug is likely a caused by the ngfd ffmless custom support not working correctly. The Xperia XZ2 uses a completely different vibration mechanism, comparing both doesn’t make sense as they don’t share the same mechanism.

You can’t adjust vibration duration besides editing the supplied configuration file, if you want to improve feel free to create a PR.
The issue is the same on both devices, there’s no difference between them in that regard.

The vibration stopping after a short time during a call is likely a separate issue that can’t be fixed by tuning the configuration.

Please talk about bugs on Github, this is the wrong place to talk about bugs.

@Thaodan, do you think the port base could be bumped to Android 11?

My bahamut ran on A11 base for many months without any issues and was wondering how hard would it be to either jump ship or have a separate build/branch: it seems that every partition must be flashed on A11 firmware except the modem partition (which must be on 10).

Improvements wise, other than better security (newer blobs, newer CAF code) and maybe better performance (e.g. due to properly configured CPU arch), there does not seem to be anything groundbreakingly new.

There’s already some code available for example here, here or here, making this doable in a fairly short amount of time.

P.S. I also test kernel upgrades for LA.UM.7.1.r1 on 11 only.

1 Like

Yes,me too

I think so, first I would like to implement a mechanism to upgrade the device by also flashing odm
or at least to check odm while boot and then query the user to flash.
Currently I’m busy writing an check daemon so that community ports can

Can you research/document why this workaround is needed? Asking Sony for advice sounds like a good idea in this case.

1 Like

Yes, I fixed it some months ago: see here. In the linked issue, Sony (or, well, Alin) says they only tested A10 against their binaries, but that had nothing to do with it.

Therefore, A11 can be flashed now without any workarounds.

1 Like