Sailfish on VollaOS

I am on .64 and will not update.till piggz says so

1 Like

Just for the hell of it, I reverted the upgrade :slight_smile: Nah, no one does that. Really, I’m back to 4.4.0.64 … Which has, only, the camera recording bug.

1 Like

That sounds like good advice for all of us :slight_smile: I had, falsely assumed that there had been a signal. Been on vacation. Drinking :slight_smile:

On Volla, 4.4.0.68 didn’t work, but 4.4.0.64 works fine.

edit: except recording videos using Camera + Advanced Camera app. These apps crash on stopping the recording.

@pawel.spoon mee too

already did that, thanks!! :slight_smile:
I am on .64 now and I can confirm, everything I was able to test so far is working perfectly fine except the mentioned camera problems. Also the E-Mail which was not working with 4.3. I am absolutely happy with that.
I didn’t even see there is a .68, but reading about current issues with that yet I see no need to rush.

Ill just add that there is no .68 build for the volla phones, i didnt think it was really worth the effort. Its quite possible that by doing the update you would remove key packages. The available releases are listed here Subprojects of nemo:testing:hw:volla:yggdrasil - SailfishOS Open Build Service

5 Likes

Functionalwise not.
7o9 just feared the fact that .68 is a stop release, i think

1 Like

Yes, i feared that. (20 charakters)

Does anyone know when video-recording worked/broke? Which version of sailfishos? thanks

1 Like

with 4.3.0.15 i can start video recording. on stop app hangs and will not store

I have recorded the video with Volla Phone on 03.04.2021 and it has worked. But I don’t remember which Sfos version was in use then.

That was 3.4. It worked fine till the android base went to 10. So just about 4.1, I think. @piggz is on it.

Since I’m still on 4.4.0.64 on my Volla (see above), I’d like to ask if somebody knows more about 4.4.0.72 on Volla. edit: the update from 64 to 68 failed, a lot of apps didn’t work anymore. Reason unknown.

Is it worth a try to update edit: now? If yes, then in two steps (64 → 68 → 72) and ignore the few malfunctions in 68 and proceed to 72, or directly from 64 to 72 by
devel-su
ssu release 4.4.0.72
pkcon refresh
version –dup ?

Or is there another or better way, or is it better to leave it as it is to avoid bricking the Volla?

Thanks in advance!

You even liked that post! :wink:
Follow the link and see for yourself.

1 Like

For my part I don’t need the recent changes, but…

1. Exchange Auth
  2. Browser updates
    might be worth tracking? @piggz

I’m just worried to see the droid media bugs with video recording creeping out to other devices!

1 Like

As .72 is a stop release I will have to make it available

1 Like

I also fixed video recording today, so that will be included in a .72 update

2 Likes

Wow fine! Thank you so much @piggz !

edit: can i update with zypper ref + zypper dup if it’s ready?

edit: did it, worked fine, browser better, touchscreen much much better!! Thank you very much!!

But video recording still buggy. Advanced Camera hangs, video recording counter doesn’t count on recording, app crashes on stopping the recording. No file present in Gallery.

edit: i’m still on release 4.4.0.64, can/shall i switch to ssu release 4.4.0.72 and update again?

I’m helping debug on the devel (not testing which is usual) channel. I don’t think the camera fixes are in testing. It’s not quite ready yet. Although I ‘only’ had issues with SIM /ofono stuff.

1 Like

I have pushed the changes to testing;4.4.0.72. @poetaster reported possible fault with sim/calls but it worked for me.

ssu re 4.4.0.72
ssu ur
zypper ref
zypper dup

Please report any issues

1 Like