[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

is this update available also for the “free” version from cmd line?
Right now I’m hitting the:

REFRESHING CACHE AND DOWNLOADING PACKAGES
Resolving: 100%
Error: This request will break your system!
Finished transaction (status=2, runtime=61300ms)
UPGRADE NOT COMPLETE - Retry 1 of 9
Waiting 1 seconds before retry.

and the os-info shows:

[General]
version=
codeName=
summary=
cover=
website=
lastChecked=1647896731665
downloadSize=-1
installSize=-1
removeSize=-1
downloaded=false
packagesToRemove=

I’m on 4.2.0.21 i did the:

ssu release 4.4.0
any hints?

Have you tried ssu release 4.4.0.58?

IIRC you have to go 4.2 > 4.3 > 4.4.

1 Like

@tliquia right but still nothing:

Finished transaction (status=1, runtime=90342ms)
UPGRADING SYSTEM
Finished transaction (status=2, runtime=246ms)

NO UPDATES FOUND. Try again later.

@direc85 oh thanks, though 4.3 is not a stop release.

Updated an X compact to 4.4 and that now has the call issues my X10 ii used to have. Sometimes it just stops receiving calls, even though it shows an internet connection and mobile data works. Just doesn’t receive calls and people called me on my landline and said I was unavailable for some reason. I’m pretty sure 4.4.0 was supposed to fix exactly that, but it only seems to happen since this update on that device. :smiley:

2 Likes

I heard otherwise:
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/release-notes-suomenlinna-4-3-0/8495#stop-release-3

yes, just noticed.

=== post must be at least 20 characters

The first post of this thread says that every release of 4 series is a stop release. 4.3.0.12 was replaced with 4.3.0.15, but in general, 4.3 is a stop release.

1 Like

well next question is what if the update stalled?

Finished transaction (status=1, runtime=129586ms)
UPGRADING SYSTEM
[67 %] [Install] patchmanager 2.3.3-10.41.1.jolla: [100 %]

updating to 4.4.0.58 now, it’s like this for 5 mins I think?

well I did cancel it after several minutes, restarted and since then it’s like this

Waiting

for several hours. Connection is there I can ping some services.

pkcon refresh

also doesn’t work it’s constantly in

waiting in queue

patchmanager is broken:

ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/lib/libpreloadpatchmanager.so’ from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

any way to manually continue this?

1 Like

I think zypper dup is the anwser. You might need to install zypper though. But honestly sfos-upgrade from Openrepos has been so good you probably should just use that.
EDIT: And as for Patchmanager, the upgrade breaks it, but it does work on 4.4.0. But you need to remove it before the update and install it after the fact. For more info see: https://github.com/sailfishos-patches/patchmanager/issues/304

1 Like

well right now I had to play with it a lot more. I changed the entry in ssu.ini back to 4.3, then run the upgrade which failed, removed patchmanager, still ld cache was a problem, update the ld.so.preload file, now updating to 4.4 again we will see

1 Like

You might have something installed that breaks the upgrade, uninstall every third party app and try again.
If you have an backup then you could re-flash and restore the backup.

I already have it working. The only problem is right now browser which is not loading any webpage, looks like the same bug mentioned before.

Just had exactly the same experience. Weird. If someone from the developers want to have a closer look, I’d be more than happy to provide any logs.

I tried to play with browser .desktop. Nothing helps. I noticed Tidings also had the same problem, couldnt resolve dns. Disabling Sandboxing solved problem aswell as for Sfos forum viewer app. I checked journal logs, nothing interesting.
For me looks like Sandbox problem. Worth to mentios is, no longer hotspot works. I can start, can connect from other phone, but there is no internet…
Xperia 10.

@akikyo @Nowave7 I’ve made a bug report, but I found a workaround which is explained in the post.

1 Like

On device XA2U DS. I flashed 4.3.0.15. So basically clean install and to get a recent to stick so that you don’t go through update hell. Then logged in and enabled DTs. Upgraded to 4.4.0.58 using terminal via SSH and don’t have any problems others are reporting. BT, Browser, phone calls and sms messages all work fine. No problems at all, except Flatpaks.

1 Like

Upgraded to 4.4.0.58 using terminal via SSH and don’t have any problems others are reporting.

for me, BT, phone calls, sms, mms, gallery works for now. The only problem is browser but only from the app drawer. From the cmd line it works fine.

Funny you mention that. I experienced the same issue with flatpak runner. Starting it from the app grid showed no apps in it. Starting it from the terminal showed installed flatpaks.