[Release notes] Vanha Rauma 4.4.0.64

There’s already ways to make it work, no real need for fixes. See here

2 Likes

It is already fixed (at least it works for me):

3 Likes

same here, xa2, no wifi after ‘update is not possible’ message.

Update went smoothly on 10 II. The phone call quality has improved significantly, I can hear everyone loud and clear compared to before and they can hear me better too. Phone seems to be more responsive. Browser is a BIG improvement, thank you. Some Android apps still complain about not having internet access when switching from MobileData to WiFi. Also I did notice a couple of times apps shutting down - probably memory was low and they have been killed.

5 Likes

harbour-storeman-0.3.0-2.armv7hl.rpm says xdg-open not found for me (XA2).
Edit: Read above about the installer bug, install done via pkcon, it appears to be working now.

Thanks very much! Downloaded the .rpm just now with computer from github, transferred the .rpm to the phone (Xperia 10 / 4.4) and it worked like a charm immediately. It also found the old ‘Geheimnis Cookie’ from old installation/version and logged in successfully without any problems. Installation of an app for testing also succeeded.

XA2 user here - anyone noticed issues with proximity sensor? After update it’s annoying like some time ago - my ear again hangs my calls, launches apps, mutes mic etc. sigh

Another thing I noticed - android apps (browsers - Opera, Vivaldi) tend to freeze-and-restart (mostly in private mode, in normal mode they work almost stable).

Can someone tell me what should I do to update my X10? I’m still on 4.2 and phone is showing “no updates available” every time I check it.

If it is not licensed, buy a license or update manually. If it is licensed, contact support.

Does anyone same issue like me for few versions till now?
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/how-to-delete-calendar-categories-and-disable-others-from-syncing/6358

so unlicensed Sailfish OS doesn’t have automatic updates?

1 Like

First the update through GUI failed, so I finished the upgrade through sfos-upgrade. Now all works fine but much more of root partition is taken up.
After installing back some of the apps I had I have just 120MB free, and I get low space warning. Is it possible some files were not deleted after the installation? Like I don’t remember /odm/ being there before.
I will try extending the root partition on my X10, but first I want to fix if anything is wrong.

After update i had problem with internet in some sailfish apps like sfos-forum-viewer. I fixed it by disabling sandboxing in .desktop file. However this doesnt work for browser. Any clue?

Could you elaborate a bit. Are you using mobile data or wlan? Are you using proxy? Are domain names (dns) resolved properly for example does ping work as root (use terminal)?

thanks, but it should at least show that there’s a new version.

Why?

Since the update is for the paid version and you have the unlicensed version for which there might not yet be an update.

Remember the post_sfos-upgrade procedure

Fyi - Xperia 10.
As i mentioned there is no connection in browser only. I had same them problem in sfos-forum-viewer which i figure out disabling sandboxing. Tried to apply for browser, but doesnt help. Terminal resolves dns, i can ping. Not matter if in use mobile data or wlan.
After update sfos weather app only worked fine and android apps.
Update from gui stucked on 100%, so after few hours i had to reboot. I see many X10 II had the same problem.
I run once again update from cli, it downloaded two more packages if i remeber but didnt solve the problem.
I can live with this till X10 III release. I see no point reflashing os just for browser, but would like to know what might cause it. Some clues to dig in.

I think the update to 4.4 is still only for early access. On my one phone with early access it was shown and I updated, on my other phone, that is not on early access, it is still not available until today.