[Release notes] Suomenlinna 4.3.0

Strange: I now have more system storage then before the update.

Yes Jovirkku, I am in dev. mode, pushed the right dots, got a generated password. But thanks for the link. I will check again.

Update hanged at around 90% of downloading (judging by the highlighted part of picture), with message about needing to uninstall puremaps, sailfishconnect, qca-qt5 and few other packages, as pkcon was hanging after waiting for 2h restarted the phone, now pkcon refresh is waiting forever in queue, storeman complains about zypper cache, after killing packagekitd the error changes to:
[|plugin:ssu?repo=openrepos-CepiPerez] Repository has no alias defined.
Anyone experienced similar behaviour? Itā€™s all even before the update which is weird as hell

The explanation very clear! I did it right, yet I get ā€˜Auth failedā€™ all the time.

hi, any hints how i can make the mediaplayer find my music? was using the sailfish utilities from jollastore, doesnā€™t work anymore since upgradeā€¦
also all pics on my encrypted sdcard are missingā€¦ how do i reindex media?

thx in advance for any helpā€¦

@jollajo : the update to version 4.3.0.12 is supposedly downloaded and ready to be installed. Are there any checks I could run to make sure the downloaded archive is complete (md5sum or similar) ? And where is the update located on the filesystem ? Is it a single zip-like file or a collection of RPM packages ? Iā€™m just trying to avoid running into the same issues I faced this morning when I first tried to update :wink:

Cheers, Samuel

Try typing the SSU password yourself instead of using the generated one. Do not forget to save it.

Not that Iā€™m aware of. On my side my second try worked as expected.
I wish you all the best and hope you wonā€™t need to verify your backup strategy any soon. :blush:

1 Like

This update sounds massive in terms of solving annoying (and partially long standing) usability bugs.

• Sharing to android apps
  • faster camera start
  • connectivity fixes for network transition
  • rooting issues of banking apps
  • VPN ipv6 leaks

Christmas came early this year! Thanks a lot! :christmas_tree:

edit: Had slight installation problems: Installation got stuck on full progress bar. Did a hard reboot (volume up + power) and gladly everything worked with version number being 4.3. Only Fernschreiber app is gone from the app grid (which potentially caused the error, it was warned as being a conflicting package before installation),

7 Likes

Looks like my second try also worked as expected :slight_smile: SFOS reports to be installed in version 4.3.0.12, all the applications seem to be in working order :slight_smile: Cheers, Samuel

Nice, but there is for me a usual problem. It seems that Jolla makes no effort to have a better hardware support for the ā€œold devicesā€, such as the XPeria X or the Xperia 10. For the Xperia 10, I have the problem to turn off the device, and I think it is a shame not to have a correct solution after the third release of Sailfish X for this device ! How Jolla can be seen as a serious firm if it is not capable of fixing such a bug ?..

Thanks for your help.My own password worked well. I had made a mistake though: typed by mistake pcon instead of pkcon.After correction it went well. :relaxed:

I can confirm it: tried to factory reset, 4.2 reinstallation from image and update again.
Same problem. Itā€™s definitely a BUG with 4.3 on xperia-x

when will be ready for nomal users?

Usually takes a week to 10 days depending on major bugs found etc.

3 Likes

In terminal pkcon refresh succeeded, but no change in Jolla Store and in Storeman. Deleted Storeman, reinstalled it, but no difference. Itā€™s impossible to install apps: waiting.

Installing Storeman fron the browser worked, but the Stores are now disfunctonal.

Big Browser bug: when you close last tab in tab list, view is auto-flicked all the way to the top every time.

7 Likes

Quick headsup for Xperia X Compact owners
4.3 update seems to be no go for Xperia X Compact for now :frowning:
It confilcts with packages:

• droid-compat-f5321-droid-config
  • droid-compat-f5321-droid-config-flashing
  • droid-compat-f5321-droid-config-sailfish
  • droid-compat-f5321-droid-hal
  • droid-compat-f5321-droid-system
  • droid-compat-f5321-droid-feature
  • droid-compat-f5321-hybris-libsensorfw-qt5
2 Likes

A bummer that there is no browser engine update in this release also. :expressionless:

4 Likes