[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0.19

Hi @robang74! The patch works in the last version of sfos, I’m using it without any problem.
And yes, this patch enable/disable Android support with a toggle

2 Likes

Sorry for being a newbie but how you can force the installation my Patch Manager warning me and prevents me to apply that patch.

1 Like

I think that you have to enable developer mode from settings in Patchmanager, and select ‘No’ in ‘Check version’ option.

4 Likes

Thanks. In fact, at this time I have the strict check version enabled.

1 Like

I just hope Jolla will release a new hotfix or let’s say, minor update to 4.5, to address hw acceleration on videos on browser not working, randomingly not login on passcode on my xperia 10, wifi status new page bugged, and some bugs exposed as 4.5.0.19.
Will be warmly welcomed :slight_smile:
edit: this, of course, before the next 4.6 update or whatever they are planning to do… who knows, a Sailfish 5 release wow

1 Like

This link was working at the time I have posted here - as far as I remember - but now it does not work anymore and since v4.5.0.21 every images to download require some extra fields in the url: {Policy, Signature, Key-Pair-Id} which is supposed being unique for each customer / registered user.

You can also try this one:

and you will enjoy the 403 forbidden error. I think that this is an sensitive step towards a more restrictive distribution policy. With positive and negative implications, depending the point of view:

• negative - because the community is even more thigh to Jolla Oy and its destiny

• positive - because Jolla Oy affirmed in a practical way their right to limit the re-distribution of their proprietary software and the vendor’s one.

I cannot exclude that this decision has been taken under the pressure of the vendors, but I do not think it is about Sony because all the stuff is anonymously downloadable from their website. Possibly Qualcomm which is the producer of the SoC, instead.

UPDATE

For the next release, I suggest to apply this patch:

--- flash-config.sh	2023-07-11 11:54:29.000000000 +0200
+++ flash-config.sh	2023-07-06 23:37:32.870895987 +0200
@@ -8,6 +8,7 @@ FLASH_OPS=(
 "flash dtbo_b dtbo.img"
 "flash userdata sailfish.img001"
 "flash_blob oem_a *_v12b_seine.img"
+"flash_blob oem_b *_v12b_seine.img"
 )

GETVAR_ERROR_secure="
@@ -32,5 +33,6 @@ Please remove any additional files.
 "

FLASH_COMPLETED_MESSAGE="
-Remove the USB cable and bootup the device by pressing powerkey.
+Remove the USB cable and bootup the device by pressing powerkey off.
+Alternatively execute 'sudo fastboot reboot' to reboot it.
 "

Whar are you inventing again?
Sailfish can be dowloaded as usual here:
https://shop.jolla.com/

Possibly I am wrong but I remember to have used a direct link without any {Policy, Signature, Key-Pair-Id} to download that image. For sure in posting that link, I did not removed anything from.

Did ever check the download url from https://shop.jolla.com/ ?

If you did not, much probably I am right.

Instead, If you did that check in the past, did you saved the link?

Go to check that link and compare with the one you get from Jolla shop. :wink:

Suggestion: if you download it from your browser, you have such a link in downloads browser page.

UPDATE

The Policy and Key_Pair_Id are constant among releases while Signature changes.

Update went almost perfect; Xperia XA2 seems little smoother, faster.
One issue: my openvpn entries were gone; had to reinstall them one by one.
Very nice job…thanks

3 Likes