[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0.19

I would use Emma to go to A11 and then retest all the features in Andy as recommended. Only after that I would reflash SFOS.

There is already a free license and it’s even not time limited.

3 Likes

Unfortunately only the Microsoft Windows procedure is listed. The Linux one could be easily added:

$ sudo apt-get install mono-complete
$ sudo cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
$ sudo certmgr -ssl -m https://software.sonymobile.com

Despite the error message, enter Y when asked, you should be asked to do so twice

from here

download this zip and extract the binaries for x32 and x64 platform

$ url=https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachments/xperifirm-5-6-5-by-igor-eisberg-zip.5488139/
$ wget $url -O xperifirm-5-6-5-by-igor-eisberg-zip
$ unzip xperifirm-5-6-5-by-igor-eisberg-zip
$ mono XperiFirm-x64.exe

I did not goo for it because it asked me to download 2.66Gb of Android 12 firmware. In fact, it is the same build release that I have before the installation of Sailfish OS.

Device: Xperia 10 II (XQ-AU52)
CID: 1321-6453
Market: Europe
Operator: Customized EU
Version: 59.2.A.0.463-R14C
Size: 2.66 GB

Emma probably will let me downgrade to Android 11 but it does not work with mono. The version opensource archive of the baseband build required by Sailfish is downloadable from here:

I think that flash.sh should be check for the correct baseband (build) before proceed.

Unless Emma would let me choose a downgrade, I think that there is no a simple way. This means that soon Jolla will need to add the support for Andorid 12 based Xperia X10 II devices which is the default Android version since one year ago:

In particular the European customised version:

1 Like

Yes.

…so no need to hypothesize.

I hate Windows as much as the next person, but there is only so much Jolla should need to compensate for.

1 Like

I do not hate Windows, simply I have not a Windows machine here available. A part Windows Vista, but everybody dislike Vista and I am in that bandwagon as well (even if Vista paid for one of my project).

Post Scriptum: after a careful thinking, I realised that I do not hate Windows Vista anymore because all the trouble it caused to the people I knew. In fact - by my personal log - I converted more people to GNU/Linux under 3 years of Vista than in every other Windows major release. Alfter all, it was gift. :smile:

1 Like

Yes, it seems to me that Emma on Windows is my last resort.

Which is wonderful and I am using it. Moreover, I saw that I can activate the Developer Tools which probably they will let me do a lot of dirty tricks.

However, Developer Tools are for those want make some hacking while and end-user might want to test all the features - for some limited time e.g. 1 month, possibly reweable - before buy the full license. This is named the second selling channel and when it became very successful get the first position in sales: testing for €5/mo and after few months they decided to reset their phone or buy a full license with a small discount e.g. €5. This is the way in which SaaS has been invented but in this case the full lincese will remain the ultimate choice.

Post Script: Developer Tools are enabled now when I login in my Jolla account.

1 Like

I have tried to erase all the partition before reflashing Sailfish OS plus I flashed also the secondary OEM partition:

fastboot -s QxxxxA erase dtbo_a
fastboot -s QxxxxA erase dtbo_b
fastboot -s QxxxxA erase oem_a
fastboot -s QxxxxA erase oem_b
fastboot -s QxxxxA erase userdata
bash flash.sh
fastboot -s QxxxxA flash oem_b ./SW_xxxx_10.0.7.1_r1_v12b_seine.img

I did not erase the boot partitions because they are installed in raw mode. Unfortunately the GPS problem persists and at this point I suspect that it should configured in some way. A user findout that reverting back to Android 11 can be considered a work-around:

I have tried also this, but it does not work without downgrading to Android 11:

1 Like

Actually, there is a problem with App Support – it doesn’t start most of the time.
It starts fine if I do it manually from Settings.
It never (roughly) starts automatically on boot in spite of being set to do so.
It starts around 50% of the time when trying to start an Android app. Starting the Android app then immediately going into Settings → App Support may help.

This is new to 4.5 ie wasn’t in 4.4.x.x.

1 Like

Tried by now: I passed from 4G to 3G and still have connectivity and mobile data on SIM2, the same for 2G which I am using to send this reply. I have the sensation that is about network operator OR because my SIM1 is set to 2G (I go to test). Nope, SIM1 4G and SIM2 in 2G connected with mobile data and here I am writing.

Customisations: my ofono is allowed to load the qmi plug-in which by default is disabled + the network on the SIM2 is set manually

Not a fix, but something that will make your life a little easier is a patch by @carmenfdezb which will let you add an Android Support toggle button to the Top Menu:
https://coderus.openrepos.net/pm2/project/android-support-button

(requires Patchmanager)

7 Likes

Already have it. Does uninstalling and reinstalling App Support wipe Android apps/data?

1 Like

It does not support the last version 4.5.0.19 in which there is a similar icon for the topmenu but it brings to the Andorid Support page. This button is supposed to enable/disable the Android Support, instead. Is it right? Will the author update it for the last version, also?

1 Like

Hi @robang74! The patch works in the last version of sfos, I’m using it without any problem.
And yes, this patch enable/disable Android support with a toggle

2 Likes

Sorry for being a newbie but how you can force the installation my Patch Manager warning me and prevents me to apply that patch.

1 Like

I think that you have to enable developer mode from settings in Patchmanager, and select ‘No’ in ‘Check version’ option.

4 Likes

Thanks. In fact, at this time I have the strict check version enabled.

1 Like

I just hope Jolla will release a new hotfix or let’s say, minor update to 4.5, to address hw acceleration on videos on browser not working, randomingly not login on passcode on my xperia 10, wifi status new page bugged, and some bugs exposed as 4.5.0.19.
Will be warmly welcomed :slight_smile:
edit: this, of course, before the next 4.6 update or whatever they are planning to do… who knows, a Sailfish 5 release wow

1 Like

This link was working at the time I have posted here - as far as I remember - but now it does not work anymore and since v4.5.0.21 every images to download require some extra fields in the url: {Policy, Signature, Key-Pair-Id} which is supposed being unique for each customer / registered user.

You can also try this one:

and you will enjoy the 403 forbidden error. I think that this is an sensitive step towards a more restrictive distribution policy. With positive and negative implications, depending the point of view:

• negative - because the community is even more thigh to Jolla Oy and its destiny

• positive - because Jolla Oy affirmed in a practical way their right to limit the re-distribution of their proprietary software and the vendor’s one.

I cannot exclude that this decision has been taken under the pressure of the vendors, but I do not think it is about Sony because all the stuff is anonymously downloadable from their website. Possibly Qualcomm which is the producer of the SoC, instead.

UPDATE

For the next release, I suggest to apply this patch:

--- flash-config.sh	2023-07-11 11:54:29.000000000 +0200
+++ flash-config.sh	2023-07-06 23:37:32.870895987 +0200
@@ -8,6 +8,7 @@ FLASH_OPS=(
 "flash dtbo_b dtbo.img"
 "flash userdata sailfish.img001"
 "flash_blob oem_a *_v12b_seine.img"
+"flash_blob oem_b *_v12b_seine.img"
 )

GETVAR_ERROR_secure="
@@ -32,5 +33,6 @@ Please remove any additional files.
 "

FLASH_COMPLETED_MESSAGE="
-Remove the USB cable and bootup the device by pressing powerkey.
+Remove the USB cable and bootup the device by pressing powerkey off.
+Alternatively execute 'sudo fastboot reboot' to reboot it.
 "

Whar are you inventing again?
Sailfish can be dowloaded as usual here:
https://shop.jolla.com/

Possibly I am wrong but I remember to have used a direct link without any {Policy, Signature, Key-Pair-Id} to download that image. For sure in posting that link, I did not removed anything from.

Did ever check the download url from https://shop.jolla.com/ ?

If you did not, much probably I am right.

Instead, If you did that check in the past, did you saved the link?

Go to check that link and compare with the one you get from Jolla shop. :wink:

Suggestion: if you download it from your browser, you have such a link in downloads browser page.

UPDATE

The Policy and Key_Pair_Id are constant among releases while Signature changes.

Update went almost perfect; Xperia XA2 seems little smoother, faster.
One issue: my openvpn entries were gone; had to reinstall them one by one.
Very nice job…thanks

3 Likes