[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.11

Once you get it working, we need to discuss US T-Mobile access settings. It threw me onto 2.5G and then 4G :smiley:

One more problem : family link (perhaps android apps in general) dont recognize logged in accounts anymore); removing the account from the android / microg (which used to help) doesnt work anymore. When logging in, family link returns to the welcome screen

edit: solved!

on upgrading, ā€œdisabling the spoofing signatureā€ option from the android setting menu was OFF (it should be on); a bug of the upgrade perhaps?

Second, adding the account for login

• from android system view
  • from family link
    did not work; it has to be done from microg

My appsupport restart loop was caused by running opengapps, after all :tada:

Had to rebuild new appsupport image with opengapps again, and appsupport service is back alive and kickinā€™!

So in summary, upgrade can be voted ā€œI had no issuesā€, as far as ā€œsupportedā€ operations go.

Not sure @jovirkku if yā€™all have ever mentioned Open Gapps before (PS works great for business Google stuff!), but maybe adding a compatibility note about this wouldnā€™t hurt?

5 Likes

Update went well but regret that MeeCast weather widget seems to be broken in 4.6 Sauna update. Seems like Jollyboys removed this option called ā€žweatherā€ in the eventview.

Familiy-Link Administration works in SFOS-Browser, so no need for gapps.

3 Likes

They did remove the weather in the events view sadly - probably because their Jolla weather app no longer works. Its in the release notes. But this means that the Meecast weather in the events view also now doesnā€™t work either :persevere:

6 Likes

I think it was the update to 4.5.16 that broke the Android read/write permissions. In my case on an Xperia 10 III. The update to 4.6 went fine but the issue is still present.

Will this issue still be addressed, fixed?

An example issue from back then would be: [4.5.0.16][10II] Android App Spotify is not able to use SD Card

This is very frustrating, years back an update broke the permissions on my Xperia X.

I got this as well. Can no longer install OSM Scout server becsuse of missing dependency.

Really? Whith all options? From my linux desktop, the options set is extremely limited

I think some packages are still cooking, during the presentation ā€˜pkcon search python3ā€™ was giving 3 results, after an hour already 20+ (then again maybe the apt-lock (pkcon-lock?) changed? storeman/chum keep giving me url not found all of a sudden and pkcon search only returns installed packagesā€¦ who knows maybe 4.6 bug)

2 Likes

A while back I think it was @rainemak who mentioned there were banking app fixes coming in this update. Sadly I canā€™t see any mention of this in the notes above. My banking app (Santander UK) still refuses to work. Can others check to see if thereā€™s any improvement with 4.6.0.11 and report/update their findings in the Banking apps on Sailfish OS wiki

1 Like

same here, ā€œunable to updateā€, after reboot ā€œNo apps runningā€

1 Like

Yes, in the documentation it is clearly (and correctly) advised not to use them, see docs.sailfishos.org/Support/Help_Articles/Android_App_Support/README.md at master Ā· sailfishos/docs.sailfishos.org Ā· GitHub
Use MicroG instead, which is ā€œhalf-supportedā€ by Jolla and (most importantly) free of Googleā€™s data collection tools.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. OK, so I am pasting it here so that others donā€™t have to search for it.

8 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s the dream, and I tried to live it for a year+. Unfortunately, when my businesses are on Google Workspace, half the account-related things get wonky on MicroG, canā€™t run Meet, and many other glitches, itā€™s just not worth it.

Open Gapps made everything work unexpectedly smooth. Whatever the associated privacy price, I guess Iā€™ll just have to make more than Iā€™m paying.

Wow, the update left my xperia 10 puls screen blinkingā€¦ itā€™s my turn to reflash :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Is it sufficient enough to remove anglefish, amazfish, osm scout and all opt-kf* and qt-runner files before run the 4.6.0.11 update?

ā€¦as opposed to? Ā 

I was able to install. Have rebooted twice. Initial notes.

• Had Meecast weather on the notifications screen. No weather there, now. Meecast app still opens. I now have more screen real estate for other notifications, I guess. :slight_smile:

• Reintroduced MMSes unable to send/receive on T-Mobile USA. Iā€™ll tinker with that and see what comes of it.

• Though in Chicago suburb, I went to cellular settings and selected ā€œPrefer 5Gā€, but only 4G connection. Rebooted, same. I drive into the city tomorrow and will see if 5G is available. [edit - 10iii does not support any T-Mobile USA 5G bands. Have to get 10V for even a single 5G band to work here.]

• My Logitech K380 keyboard works with the SFOS messaging app, but not WhatsApp. WA can tell that a Bluetooth keyboard is connected, because the on-screen keyboard disappears. However, it doesnā€™t let me type anything.

• Phone calls coming and going, as far as I can tell, are working properly.

• M365 Exchange emails still coming and going. Exchange connectivity to my secondary, self-hosted Exchange 2022 server on-prem is still working.

• Web browsing still working fine over cellular data. I have not yet connected to WiFi.

2 Likes

Did someone else also loose the saved avatars in Contacts/People app when upgraded to 4.6.0.11?