[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.11

@attah: I have the impression that far too many files have been named than in previous updates.

And last screenshot from in ca. 30 total

1 Like

I did. I didn’t notice it, at first. However someone texted me today and their contact photo was there. Now I look in messages and it isn’t there.

Contact photos in WhatsApp and Whisperfish still present.

I noticed via Whisperfish, otherwise wouldn’t have noticed.

It is intriguing actually. The favorite contacts in Contacts/People app have their avatars visible but when I tap into a profile of one contact, then the avatar isn’t there anymore.

Named is a misnomer, but sure - that is true.
Your question, however, was impossible to answer without knowing if basically all the rest are regular things that gets picked up wrongly or not. A lot on the list looks like it is, though not all.

Does your device support the US 5G frequencies? Back in the day of self-imported Inter Aqua Fish, I wasn’t able to connect to all Finnish mobile frequency bands because the Indian modem didn’t support those bands but the Indian ones.

Indeed, @demislition , my phone does not. In a separate forum thread, @teleshoes pointed out that the 10iii specs for 5G bands supported do not match any of the T-Mobile USA bands. Only the 10V has one 5G band that will work here.

Thank you for sharing your experience that also led me to the same answer.

3 Likes

+1

3 Likes

I’m wondering why the license in the shop does not list Xperia 10 IV even though it is apparently supported?

2 Likes

In a month or two, currently still working out the kinks

2 Likes

Upgrade done. Xperia 10iii. Removed OSMScoutServer before and deactivated all patches. Upgrade made with sfos-upgrade on commandline.
No errors, reboot is normal.

Weather from MeeCast in eventsview is gone :disappointed:.
Some patches stoped working.

10 IV and V will be supported by Sailfish 4.6 on a future date, but the licenses and downloads for those devices are not yet made available. It was reported already earlier that Android AppSupport isn’t ready for 10 IV and V by the release of Sailfish 4.6, and apparently they’re delaying the Sailfish OS support altogether for those devices.

Yeah! I was hoping for this!

Yeh! Nice.

Yeah! Ok. Now I have to make sure it works in videoworks. Damn.

Wow, you guys have been busy!

4 Likes

So Lipstick is consuming tons of CPU and no GUI/ connection to network. How can I get the network to work again on my XA2?

Yeah, this is really annoying. A number of people invested significant time to GET a functional weather view in the event view and … poof. jeez.

7 Likes

It’s an old bug. I just import ./People/data/all.vcf from the backup which fixes that every time.

2 Likes

by the way, the problem with the embedded ogg art file has not been solved, i’m still having an empty cover art on ogg files

also the bug with cover art being the same if album titles were like part 1 or 2 on () has not been solved

anyway seems like a nice update and everything is working apart from the ability of reinstalling osm scout server of microtube…

1 Like

Can you share what the Maps app is that you’re mentioning?

Well, for the first time ever I didn’t make a backup before updating, and like a few others the update stopped halfway through, and the phone boots to a white flashing screen that says “no apps running”. Does anyone know if it’s possible to recover from this state through ssh or so?

Recovery mode and follow instructions to manually copy data to sdcard, but restoring will be more painful than with backup (was hoping my post about a brick was high enough to alert ppl, oh well)

1 Like

Thanks! Unfortunately I only started reading the comments after I’d selected the backup… Looks like the recovery mode is not as straightforward as on the older Jolla devices, either…