[Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.11

OK, so when can we expect the following information to be disclosed:

1. availability (approx. release dates) for the 10 V:
  • free version
  • paid version
  1. availability of AppSupport for the 10 V. What kind of delay is expected: weeks, months, half a year?

Even just rough approximates would be really helpful.

1 Like

I would recommend to at least wait until after tonights event before asking for more announcements

4 Likes

Did you modify /opt/alien/system.img for Google Apps or anything @bundyo?

Great-looking patch. To think people uninstalled because they thought SF would be abandonware. :joy:

Awesome you got 5G working. Thanks to all the people who inadvertently trashed their setups for the cause – hope you had a backup. :pray:

Livestream of Jolla Love Day 2 in 10 mins.

1 Like

Installed the update to 4.6 on XA2, reboot. Seemed to work fine, but hold on it is not connecting to the network. The option is not even in settings to connect. Reboot device. And now the gui is not coming up, rendering the device useless. Guess the end of the line for me… :frowning:

No, if I remember correctly, except I had the system package verification disabled from the UI.

1 Like

Actual I switched my daily driver because daily use of SFOS is full of Ooms, crashes and other stuff. I hope that this os will go further and there is a chance to switch back.

Android podcast applications are a mess. So why not do further work on podqast on SFOS (or mobile linuxes)?

And if the C2 is nice…

Hmm. Removed the sim card and the GUI starts. This is awkward.

I restarted the phone once more. And now the startloop of appsupport is over. (Xperia 10ii)

I may have stopped mine with trying to open an Android app while AppSupport was still starting. It stopped and then on second try the AppSupport started ok. Xperia 10 ii.

In my case on 10III, update failed. After it said that at least 10000 packages have to be removed in order to install it properly, which of course I ignored, at the end of the update it said that update is not possible, try it later. The phone doesn’t boot anymore, or at least it says to introduce rhe security pin and afterwards is the display doesn’t turn on anymore. Strange is that the fingerprint vibrates, but that’s it. Good that I have a reliable iOS with me otherwise I would have been lost.

1 Like

I also tried another restart, but it’s not improving…

@Jolla fix your mess

3 Likes

Does someone else experience this? I have now been removing apps & libraries installed from chum & storeman but still the sfos update screen is showing a lot of conflicting packages. From OpenRepos it still shows me sailfish-components-webview-jb53103 from rubdos as installed, but it seems it is just some link as the actual installed package seems to be the official one from Jolla.

Attached a picture of the update view, how could I debug this issue or has someone been able to update successfully with these conflicting packages?

1 Like

Yeah…was same in my case. Update failed…phone not usable anymore. Last resort, I will have to reflash it. Jolla reliability!

1 Like

I can’t see why it wouldn’t be the right place to expect such information, if everything else concerning that very OS release has been posted here (including information about introducing support for the 10 IV and V), and - please correct me if I am wrong - if the event is supposed to mainly cover the introduction of that “AI” thing.

Guys, that is an Early Access release for testing purposes. Should you want reliability then wait for official release.

12 Likes

What was shared in the Jolla Love Day 2 presentation about the 4.6 release schedule for 10 IV and 10 V starts here:

https://www.youtube.com/live/1nEC3sVExAU?feature=shared&t=2252

2 Likes

Yeah Right…like it will change something. Update process should be the foundation. If it fails should rollback. If that basic function is not working what shall I expect from functionality? History of Sailfish releases, the stable ones, prove you wrong. It is kind of perpetual beta software.

1 Like

I remember there were updates with several Early Access releases before an Official plus notice about conflicts and a list of apps to be uninstalled.