[release notes] Pallas-Yllästunturi 3.4.0

Just a thanks you for this release and finally improving the browser.
In the release note on the update page within our devices, it is said to be the 1st part of the update for the browser.
What are the plans ?

Thanks

2 Likes

Often it can be remedied by rebooting twice.

I had it happen last October right after flashing and again a few weeks ago. In both instances rebooting twice resolved it. Apparently it is not fixed in this update :slight_smile:

If your OS update on an Xperia device has badly failed, leaving the device to a broken state, try this:

1. Make sure Xperia is really off by pressing the VolUp and Power keys down until the vibrator plays 3 times. Then release the keys.
  2. Install Sailfish OS 3.3.0.16 as 3.4.0.22 is not yet available.
    • Instructions for installing Sailfish OS.
    • download the image of 3.3.0.16 and the vendor image (if you do not have them already)
    • connect Xperia to your computer with USB in the fastboot mode (blue LED must be lit)
    • flash 3.3.0.16 to Xperia
  3. Run the first start-up. Sign in to your Jolla account. Install the default Jolla apps - let this phase finish.
  4. Search for OS update in “Settings > OS updates”. Install 3.4.0.22.
  5. Install your favourite apps and sign in to your accounts.
2 Likes

Is there already a Bug report, that after update to 3.4.0.22 on Xperia X, bluetooth doesn’t work anymore? I can’t activate it anymore. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Worked with my headphones as usual. I’m too on Xperia X.

And two other issues (maybe linked?): I can’t seem to be able to change the volume while playing audio files with the Jolla Media player. And if the audio file is played back, I can’t stop it (by pressing “stop/pause”), I have to close the media player. I tried another media player (namely “FlowPlayer”), but that one doesn’t work at all (not responding, and after some time, the OS asks me, if I want to close it).

Gecko version 60 is in the works on GitLab:

Though I think the statement is meant as a way to say “we’re aware the browser’s not up to date yet, but we’re working on it”.

8 Likes

My Phone works fine after update. However, reboot does not work anymore. A red Led and the sreen says please wait. that all.

Xperia X and X Compact and two Jolla 1s updated without issues. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to make sure I understood the post right:
Gecko has been upgraded to a version of Gecko that’s already 3 years out of date?

xa2 android apps dont working can someone advice please ?

Somewhere was mentioned that they can’t go straight to the latest version so there will be a couple of intermediate updates till we get to something more modern. 3years out of date and a commitment to get closer to something modern is not ideal but a step forward…

8 Likes

Main question is how fast the steps will follow each other. I am fine with steps, just not with 1 step per year, knowing there is 3 or more steps to go. If the steps would follow rapidly, everyone will be fine I think. But I think there are paying customers (businesses) with other priorities.

2 Likes

Even a business customer needs a web browser or at least something to display html, so I think it is also on their priority list. Depending on their use case, a secure web engine might be very high on their list, not only for websites, but also for email.

I wish, hope and want to believe you are right :slight_smile:

Hum … Except that, for how long SailfishOS exists ? And we get an update of the Web Browser only now so … not sure it has ever been a priority for them

For me syncing of Google Calendars are not working:

• mobile -> Google: works
  • Google -> mobile: fails

I have a fresh flashed 3.3 updated to 3.4.

Who else has this problem?

Has any1 tried using patchmanager along patches with 3.4? Can I reinstall it without problems?
Overlay problem: Is it safe to reinstall phonehook after the 3.4 update? Or other apps using overlays?
TIA a lot

Ever since patchmanager 3.0, you no longer need to unapply patches before updating, it all works flawlessly.

1 Like

Xperia 10 on Sailfish 3.4.0.22 cannot allow for install of Rockpool… A library seems to be missing (libquazip.so.1) and not in the repos (even after reinabling the Storeman repos)