[release notes] Pallas-Yllästunturi 3.4.0

The shop versions will be updated once the update is released for everyone.

4 Likes

Thanks PeperJohnny, so I guess the steps are install 3.3.0.16 and then update to 3.4.0.

This update has gone horribly for me (XA2). In short:

• Phone hangs when trying to reboot or shutdown
  • SSH is not working and cannot be enabled via Developer tools
  • running systemctl on the terminal returns Failed to get properties: Connection timed out
  • Sailfish browser does not open any page, waits indefinitely

I don’t know what to report first!

Have you tried to do
ssu re 3.4.0.22
version --dup
in the terminal yet?

2 Likes

Awesome piece of an update! Smooth upgrade on Sony XA2 Plus and Jolla Tablet. No patches installed.

Hope we have to wait less long for the next versions. Just ask for a recurring yearly fee and hire developers to speed up!

2 Likes

Yes, we need a Gecko 68+ browser engine. The current version 52 is still too far behind. Won’t even start on the safety issues with these old version engines.

2 Likes

Great update, the weather app in particular is much nicer. browser also very improved . kudos!

2 Likes

Why would I do that? I am already on 3.4.0.22. The update completed successfully, then I got all these problems.

Because it sounds like the update didn’t complete successfully (your device rebooted but it could be in a chimeric state). If it did, those commands won’t change anything, so it doesn’t hurt to try.

2 Likes
[root@Sailfish nemo]# ssu re 3.4.0.22
Changing release from 3.4.0.22 to 3.4.0.22
Your device is now in release mode!
WARNING: DBus call failed, falling back to libssu: Did not receive a re
ply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a rep
ly, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeou
t expired, or the network connection was broken.

Yeah, as it has already been mentioned,
phone fails to shutdown and in addition
I cannot install/uninstall any apps. Storeman doesn’t re-install. Jolla store shows an error that there is a problem with the app registry and believes I have no apps installed…

Even if any of that is considered a serious bug and gets fixed, I am not convinced I will be able to install the 3.4.0.xx since the phone won’t reboot… Promising release notes however the upgrade process was such a disaster similar of which I haven’t experienced since Sailfish 1.x…

1 Like

Unfortunately you will have to wait for the final public release. It usually take up to 2 weeks but it could be longer too.

Thanks guys! Everything went smooth this time after my bricked phone experience when updating from 3.2 to 3.3.
The phone/tablet feel much smoother and stable than with 3.3.0. Also the email app and the browser.

Thanks again and keep doing such great work :smiley:

1 Like

Update process itself (Xperia XA2 Dual Sim) had no problems. Gallery show all Nextcloud folders doubled, deleting and re-enable the Nextcloud account fixed that.
I also had the Storeman problem, but was able to fix that with the already provided instruction.
As with Rokua Update the support for ALAC Codec is gone again, didn’t try to fix that so far.
Android is buggy. There are several black windows popping up and closing one after another, to my mind that seems to indicate that the apps with background processes try to start. I installed Alien Dalvik Control then, but without real success, so I deleted it.
I guess there is some kind of bug cause in Settings - > Android Support both start and stop buttons are grey, so I can’t stop android support or even stop that. I’ll try to delete an reinstall that now…

Hi,
python3-sqlite is missing after the update this not only breaks 3rd party apps (gPodder) but also OS level stuff like the Wireless network list.

As an Xperia X user I am reiterating that I would be more then happy to pay to get a new kernel and Android 8+ support.
Thanks!

12 Likes

After upgrading all saved wifi connections are gone.

1 Like

Great update thanks !
It works like a charm on my xperia x, but I can’t update my Gemini PDA (up to date)

Thanks for the updates for xperia x. Better bt headset voice quality and
my old Nokia BH-504 works and no breaking :slight_smile:

Just for the record: I had problems with installation as well. For me it was not only aliendalvik-control but also screencast from openrepos that interrupted the update process and had to be deinstalled manually (with “–noscripts” option) in order to successfully update to 3.4.0.22.

Since the update earlier today I’ve not been able to talk on the phone. It calls up fine (though without ringtone) but I hear nothing and the person I call is unable to hear me. I’m on SailfishOS X 3.4.0.22 on the XPeria XA2