[release notes] Kvarken 4.1.0

Sorry for the thread drift. But I don’t know anyone else using Rockpool, hence the question here.

What watch are you using with Rock pool. I have a Pebble Steel which works and a Pebble 2 which won’t connect to Rockpool. I’d really like to be able to use the Pebble 2.

Hello,

i am using a Pebble Time with Rockpool.

Thanks for answering

from https://openrepos.net/content/abranson/rockpool:

The following features are not yet implemented:

Support for Pebble 2 watches. The new models only support Bluetooth Low Energy, and Pebble's BTLE protocol is not implemented in Rockpool.
1 Like

Hi all :slight_smile:

I gave my Xperia X installed with SFOS 4.1 to my girlfriend some days ago.

She just complained to me about the heat and the quick battery drain.

I don’t remember having those issues while I was using this phone as a daily driver (from 2.x to 4.0).

Are these known issues of SFOS 4.1 on Xperia X ? What could we do to help find the root cause ?

Cheers, Samuel

Quick battery drain on the Xperia X on 4.1.0 seems to be caused by having WiFi enabled, at least in @peterleinchen’s and my case:

2 Likes

Messages app got several issues with this upgrade on Sony X10.

1. There’s no way to send an SMS message. The send button and the input field are always disabled with a message: “Sender does not support replies”. The only way to make it go away is to delete the recepient phone number from the field above. But once you type the message and fill the phone number again, the field and the button get blocked again, so there’s no way to send a message.

2. There’s no more notifications for SMS. I can see the new messages as I open the app, but if I don’t do it regularly, I miss them.

3. XMPP client built into the accounts / Messages app doesn’t seem to connect anymore. Not sure how to debug this.

What’s this nonsense now? I flashed 4.1.0.24 onto my Xperia 10 II. I don’t think I was asked if I want encryption (I don’t), but it was forced on me in the initialization, and now (compared to my XA 2 with 4.1.0.24 installed) in the Settings - System I’m missing the options to “Reset device” and under “Device lock” to (not use) “User security code (Unlock the device using a security code)”

Is it an unoptional feature on Xperia 10 II that you can’t opt out of having LUKS 1 Encryption and using Security code?

re the encryption part, it’s been “mandatory” for a while now, for new SFOS installs.
can’t remember exactly since which version, maybe 3.3?

[edit] yes indeed since Rokua - [release notes] 3.3.0 Rokua - together.jolla.com

3 Likes

Thanks, @cartron

And dang it. Looks like I have to get used to it then.

Reset device is not possible since there’s no recovery partition on the Xperia10 II. The workaround is to flash it anew.

2 Likes

Is it possible to make a recovery partition on the SD card?

I have problems with higher power drain on an Xperia X, too, and have reported that here:

1 Like

Another bug: call history never loads. Together with the lack of notifications for missed calls (which is an issue ever since new notification design was introduced) it’s impossible to find out if somebody have called.

It’ the same with XA2 Plus Dualsim (connected with one sim).

Dear all,

Now that the localization round for SFOS 4.2.0 has started, do you know whether the release notes for the next version are already available, even in WIP form ?

Best regards,

Samuel

1 Like

the release notes are only published once the EA releases are there.

3 Likes

Perhaps a bit late, but I wanted to get a new license with a discount too on my existing account, but I don’t see the discount when logging in in the store. Is the period over?

It’s over, again afaik. I paid the full price about a week ago.

Yes, indeed it is. I contacted support and they said it was only till mid-June.