[release notes] Kvarken 4.1.0

Thanks. commhistory-tool does have export param listed in --help, although copying database seems to have worked also.

1 Like

I experience that on my X10 also.

Please note

and especially

4 Likes

Hi all :slight_smile:

I flashed SFOS 4.1.0 yesterday on my brand new Xperia 10 II, it went almost flawlessly :slight_smile:

Many thanks to the whole Jolla team for your hard work !

Cheers, Samuel

4 Likes

I have a question regarding the 10 ii. I received mine today, and I want to install SFOS 4.1 on it. I am currently waiting for the Android 11 update to finish, but reading the instructions here:

I shall upgrade to Android 11, but then download Sony software binaries for Android 10 in step 5. Is this a typo and should be software binaries for Android 11, or is this correct?

Confusing, but correct (@jovirkku maybe should be made more clear or noted more verbose?)

And see here:

1 Like

Thanks.

Post most be at least 20 characters.

1 Like

There is a simple button for that :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Plus is no more possible to sort ambiences by favouriting them.

2 Likes

… and it sorts itself, depending on usage. But in a strange way…

1 Like

This is correct. They are two different things. The quote from rinigus by peterleinchen explains it. Also check the chapter beginning with " A quick clarification of what an underlying Android version adaptation" in the latest blog.

2 Likes

I activated and deactivated developer mode a few times.
And I ended up with 3 terminals in the launcher.

Removing dev mode doesn’t remove the terminal icon and I can’t delete them.

Is this a bug or something known? How do I remove these 3 terminals?

1 Like

I tried to put them in a folder. Only one goes in. But when moving it out, I end up with an empty folder I can’t delete either.

Are there desktop files for it in ~/.local/share/applications?

Nothing special, only mimeinfo and open-url.

There is a fingerterm.desktop is /usr/share/applications but I don’t want to mess with system files.

But I played putting the shortcuts in and out the folder, activating and removing dev mode, and I got them removed. Though the empty folder is still there.

I’m trying to update my Xperia XA2 device
when I goto “Sailfish OS updates”
and try and download the update I see
“Problem with Store”
“Could not determine the size of update”

I fixed the updating issue my freeing up a few gigs of storage, it’s true the release notes do mention freeing up space.

The error message was a bit confusing though - I took it to mean it wasn’t able to contact the update servers

1 Like

glad you fixed it - indeed the message should be more clear - in my case I was missing like 5 MB, and the message clearly told it to me, so I knew I had some space to free up

1 Like

Hello,

can I use the release also for the Pinephone and does it also bring improvements there ?

with kind regards
Steffen

The upgrade to 4.0 made a big difference in stability, so I’d say give 4.1 a try, seeing as a pinephone installation is almost zero risk – reflashing is just burning an SD card or the EMMC. Or totally zero risk if you try another SD card . . . I’m keeping mine on 4.0 for now only to debug my Amazfit issue since 4.1 breaks that app.