[release notes] Kvarken 4.1.0

Submit a request – Jolla Service and Support.

2 Likes

Just upgraded my Xperia X, and it also has the problem with the ambiences that are selected as favorites are not shown first in the list.
This makes the favorites useless as I see it.
I saw this first on the Xperia X 10 II, but forgot about it as I have not switched to that device yet.

Maybe should be notes as known issue if that is the case.

2 Likes

I had the apkd issue too. Maybe i had slipped on some old Android app in Store, or maybe it was from me trying to install aliendalvik in the terminal to get some more feedback on what was going wrong (but that was only after the first few failures).
In my case i had to remove apkd-l10n-all-translations too, explicitly, and then it worked through the gui.

I’ve got my last two end of year exams for uni tomorrow and you release the full version of Sailfish OS today for Xperia 10 II… you’re tempting me not to study, Jolla! Haha.
Already purchased it and I can’t wait to install it on my phone.

3 Likes

After uninstalling Aptoid, Android support install just fine ! Thanks for the tips :slight_smile:

Everything works great, just installing Proton Calendar and Proton Mail through Aurora Store.

Will try soon to use my Xperia 10 II as daily driver :blush:

I am surprised.
One of the update highlights is “Signal messaging app gets the contacts from Sailfish now”.
I did not install version 4.1 yet, I am still with 4.0 but the original Android Signal app gained access to the Sailfish contacts two or three days ago.
How could that be possible?

Same here. Gallery and Camera launch a blank screen and return directly in the app (Whatsapp, Signal, …)
I’va removed /home/.android directory (and loose all my apps history :roll_eyes:) but it doesn’t work anyway…

It’s worked for me too. Thanks…
EDIT : Finally not after reboot, same issue :cry:

I there a bug in jolla shop currently? I’m not able to download sailfish images.

" 403: Permission denied" after click on download button.

Edit: It’s working now :slight_smile:

EA 4.1.0.24 for Xperia 10 II works fine! Great!
Thank you Jolla! Nice to “get back home” again! :heart:

PS. Does anyone know … I have two phones with equal telephone numbers. (Telia Connection). How to get Whatsapp to work simultaneously in both the Xperia 10 II ones? Telegram works without any problems.

Do you mean same number, on 2 sims (1cellular, 1 data?)?
But either way, I believe, having 2 different Whatsapp clients registered with the same number isn’t possible. As for Telegram you can have multiple ones (on several devices) running at the same time. I hope I did get your question

2 Likes

I’ve had the final release for a day now, installed a few Android apps, but weirdly enough I’m mostly using SFOS native ones (even using the native browser instead of Firefox), so that’s cool.
Thanks for this release :smile: I’ve put my main sim in it so let’s see how it goes.

So far no issues. Had a few Signal calls, but the recipient told me my voice was cutting every now and then :slightly_frowning_face:

Only bummer is the camera, which is due to the device itself (mid-range quality), and the lack of any imaging algorithms in SFOS camera apps or HDR.
Though, I tried Android’s Open Camera, selected Camera2 API in the settings, and activated HDR. And that’s much more better when there is variation in lighting but a bit slow to process the 3 pictures it takes, like a few seconds (still no match of high-end phones).

1 Like

Predictive text input does´nt work for me. Is it not yet implemented for the 10ii or did I miss anything?
I installed Android-support and exchange.

1 Like

We have this in the release notes:
Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with the Predictive text input on this phone yet. We are working on this, though. Expected in one of the next OS updates.”

4 Likes

Thanks for helping me read! :wink:
I had missed this line…

Yes. 2 sims with same number. Thanks. How I hate that fck…ng WA. 99% of people around me uses it. Thus that prevent me to use Xperia 10 II & SFOS as primary phone.

I had issues for my android apps accessing the SD card in recent sailfish releases (XA2 Ultra single Sim). This update restored the ability to use it right away. Even though there wasn’t anything mentioned in that regard: Thanks!
Maybe its due to the fact that something wasn’t configured as it should be on my android layer, which now has been refreshed completely by the new one in version 10, or the much saying ‘Tens of packages were upgraded’ did the trick. I don’t care.
In addition, the android performance is much improved. On Koli (4.0.1.x) I could use max. 3 android apps for the same time. But even then I could ‘feel’ the RAM working, when I switched to another app until it worked some kind of ‘ok’ after some seconds. Having 4 apps open was almost unusable then. It worked only ok, just after rebooting the device for some time. Usually the whole android layer was about to restart itself sooner or later. Now with Kvarken 4.1.0.x: No sign of all this at all! Currently 5 android apps and 2 native SF apps are running at the same time: Apps are responsive after switching in a reasonable manner: This is a good one! :wink:

I guess they’re getting the predictive input software from a 3rd party and it’s not available in aarch64 yet?

Otherwise successful Xperia 10 II install failed to restore 2 pieces from XA2:

• Contacts - post-restore message also said “Failed to restore Contacts”, with no immediate further details. I just now transferred .local/share/system/privileged/Contacts from XA2 and got my contacts back. (Ideally I would also like to restore Phone history, where is that stored?)

• Notes - zero restored, had to again manually copy from .local/com.jolla/notes I think was the path.

EDIT :point_up_2: solved at [3.4.0 onwards?] Restore backup fails when restoring notes (here: from Xperia X to Xperia 10 II )

Just discovered y’all talking about missing Predictive text subsystem… disappointing, but probably survivable for a while.

1 Like

Same with me , no contacts restored (and no notes… and no Pictures) . Transferred Via Bluetooth, really nice and easy. Just go to contacts, select all contacs and then select share-- bluetooth. when phones are paired the sharing via BT sends a file of contacs .