[release notes] Koli 4.0.1

For me the terminal seems to remeber commands during a session but when closing the Terminal and restarting that the commands are lost like descriped in your post.

2 Likes

When message received, left swipe on the lock screen doesnt bring to notifications, just unlocks to the home screen. Very annoying.

1 Like

Did you enable the option under Events View section in settings?

3 Likes

Yeah. Now disabled that new option, everything got back to normal. Thank you, saved my day!

2 Likes

Had that enabled since the update. But I’ve just noticed some inconsistency. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
While device is locked, behaves as it should.
If done before the device locks, that is: screen off,but before pin kicks in (in case a delay is set in settings)…Then unlocking takes me to Home or last opened app…
Shouldn’t it take me left to Notifications screen in both cases? I see this as illogical tbh

See the 5th item in this list, please: [release notes] Koli 4.0.1

We have not announced any new ready-made feature by the name “sailfish-filemanager”.
But thanks for reporting. An obvious mistake there.

@EWO I have had the cursor thing (your note 4) with previous version, and continue to have it with this. In Android apps, I believe.

I have the problem on Xperia 10, in Phone app History the waiting icon keeps rolling and it never gets the history page created.

@demislition Here is one dirty workaround in case you face this input issue again: Every time you this behaviour occurs you need to swipe down the SFOS keyboard and restart it by clicking in the text field. Then it will work again (for a short while).

2 Likes

Try to open People app, and check the accounts page and sync your accounts manually. That fixed adress book issues for me, could very well affect Phone, too…

1 Like

A bug was filed on this. The oneshot does not seems to work always.

A bug was filed on this. Thanks for reporting.

4 Likes

It seems to affect ToeTerm (and by extension, others, too?) so thanks or letting us know :slight_smile:

I got a call now from a known contact but it didn’t display the name.
Also, on Phone app People tab, the pulldown menu has two notches but they are both empty.
Tried removing all contacts and importing them again, did not help.
Also, on Xperia X with the same contacts, I do not have the same problem.

Actually, I removed both ~/.ash_history and ~/.bash_history and now the history seems to be created properly to ~/.ash_history.

@EWO I do that dirty workaround a plenty.

A more permanent dirty hack I use is that I have made (=tweaked from the standard one) a custom maliit keyboard that doesn’t have the text prediction and use it. The bug seems to be connected to the text prediction and disabling the text prediction seems to also disable the bug.

1 Like

Has anyone succeeded to update a tablet from the normal GUI process?
Mine died again :confused:
Rebooted from it showing the boot screen - i though the missing progress bar was on a black screen… but maybe i should have given it even more time.

Hello,

I tried the update today - but I couldn`t update my XA2.

Instead my phone seems to be bricked now - as it doesn`t boot anymore.

Has anyone any advice, how to set my device back?

A reply would be much appreciated.

Only after having factory reset it, which I had to do for the first time ever, because it had been stuck on a black screen for several hours and I turned it off, causing it to get stuck on the boot logo. After the factory reset, the actual update from 3.4 to 4.0 didn’t really take all that long to complete (although it still only showed a black screen), maybe half an hour at most.

1 Like