[release notes] Koli 4.0.1

It is the first version of browser I really enjoy go use.

3 Likes

Which wasn’t present in 3.4. already . so this must have been removed before already (can’t remember if I ever used it)

I’m not sure exactly what’s gone wrong, but the update seems to be treating my entire installation as so alien, everything must be purged.

2 Likes

Installation went smooth on my XA2 dual sim. Until now the browser has been a good experience and did not see any issues with performance where the browser cause all other running apps to crash but one of the pages that often crash it, I can no longer login past pay wall. The page is https://www.berlingske.dk/, I had previously same problem but that many browser updates ago.

I am using Battery Log app from jolla store to track state of charge over the day and it gives visual overview of power drain as a graph, but that feature is no longer working. I wonder if it a bug or interface changed so they need to update the app? I tried install the alternative Hunger Meter and it had same issue about state of charge it just show —mWh and 100% where Battery Log can show the correct %.

The previously update I had to be careful to leave browser open since it caused heavy battery drain, depending which pages open, It is harder to test now so not sure if it still an issue.

DAVx5 is working fine under Koli 4.0.1 :star_struck:
so we can use Android Calendars, Task lists, or Address books again.
Syncing with nextcloud, in my case.

1 Like

same here, I can open patchmanager but zero patches can be applied. The Web catalog is accessible.

well the message window background colour is the invert of the ambience:
white when ambience is dark and vise versa.
so it is on purpose and not 100% breaking the UX as i.e. the white buttons in e-mail app no matter what ambience you have.

1 Like

I had the same message on a completely fresh 3.4 (literally reflashed minutes before). I proceeded anyway, and so far no issues.

1 Like

i did try only 2 and both failed.

need only one realy urgently: no home carousel
that one should be really an option in sfos !

The update has failed several times at the flashing phase. Does the update process leave any sort of log for us to diagnose the failure?

one of my all time faves too, now getting used to clumsy pulley menu’s close all :sweat_smile:

@jovirkku
package sailfish-filemanager-l10n-all-translations is missing in SailfishOS 4. Because of that it’s impossible to install sailfish-filemanager which is present in SailfishOS 4 repo.

Oops, could have sworn there was an option for that. Must be ios with that, using both at the moment. hate screens turning off automatically.

The Signal thing is killer :frowning:

Hi, this is a bug that occurs when the current installation package cache hasn’t been refreshed e.g. on a fresh flash where no apps have been installed before the upgrade. It’ll be fixed in the next release, which means it should be gone when upgrading to the one after that.

It’s safe to ignore it and proceed with the upgrade.

1 Like

Yes, there should be and update log in /var/log/

Hey guys,
thank you so much for this great update!

I’ve noticed a few issues with that new release:

1. There is still no Xauth support for VPN connection to Fritz!Box (by AVM)
  2. The OpenVPN setup works very reliable, but sending off emails is impossible now
  3. Due to the lack of Android app notification (apart from Whats app) I used LED notification instead. With 4.0.1 it doesn’t work for elements (Android Matrix client) any longer. At the moment I can not clearly say whether this comes from notification set up or from AlienDalvik 9
  4. One really anoying issue comes from the key board: Jumping to a different line makes the cursor blink there, but the text input stays at the former position in the text!

Sorry, I saw that admissions can be given separately. So that’s ok.

Some apps like Nednieuws and Welkweer (Dutch) suddenly do not work.
Picking up a phone call is as troublesome as before. That’s why I keep my sim in my XA2 that syill is in Torronsuo. At home I use the XA2 plus in Koli.

The Web Catalog thing was server side I think, I can access it too now, but the patches I use haven’t been updated yet.

I send a SFOS4 fix for Nednieuws to Sander’s github repository. He will most likely send a new release to the Jolla store soon.
As for my own app (Welkweer), it should work on SFOS4. That’s the version from Openrepos, the one from the Jolla store is likely broken. The current version in Openrepos uses a library not allowed in the store, so I did not upload a new version there.

3 Likes

Thank you, much appreciated! Both are nice apps, I use them every day.