[release notes] Koli 4.0.1

As @Garak told there seems to be something wrong with Android side cellular data. While Whatsapp runs OK, Signal does not. Today Signal could not send or receive anything while Wlan was off or on+unavailable and Cellular on.

With Sailfish utilities I restarted network subsystems, which did not help. Then I restarted UI which closes also all applications. After that Signal started working.

Phone: Sony XA2 single SIM. Sailfish version: 4.0.1.48.

That’s a good tip, I do this on my notebook and it helps. Is there a way to have a button do this instead of going through the terminal? Is the network restart from the Sailfish utilities mentioned above also doing a Bluetooth restart?

you will see it on the phone indicators utilities do also restart bluetooth

1 Like

There can be something like that, possibly maybe… But my work-iphone is not saying anything at all when I unplug it - only thing that happens is that charge symbol disappears (iphone 7, program v. 14.3).

My BT headset(soundcore Q10) works now with all buttons, which it didn’t before so a huge thanks for that!

Now I did the update from 45 to 48 on my XA2 dual sim. All went fine, and luckily I don’t have problems mit dynamic orientation and fulscreen video play in chrome-based browsers. The dynamic orientation though seem to stuck after using a while, then re-starting start screen etc. or android support helps.

But it’s wise to not ignore warnings related to 2 libraries before updating as described here: IS IT safe to install 4.0.1.48.

Also, having newest aliendalvik-control and avoiding issues with apps installed via storemen should be considered.

Hi, thanks, couldn’t find the command for that earlier.

Now that I tried; nope, doesn’t help. If I do devel-su systemctl status bluetooth.service I got that it’s running, but also this:

helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Unknown key Channels for group GATT in /etc/bluetooth/main.
conf
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Unknown key PairableTimeout for group General in /etc
/bluetooth/main.conf
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Unknown key Channels for group GATT in /etc/bluetooth
/main.conf
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Starting SDP server
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Starting SDP server
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Failed to open RFKILL control device
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Failed to open RFKILL control device
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: bluetoothd[2196]: Bluetooth management interface 1.3 initialized
helmi 16 18:51:48 Sailfish bluetoothd[2196]: Bluetooth management interface 1.3 initialized

On another attempt:
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: Failed to set mode: Failed (0x03)
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: bluetoothd[761]: Failed to set mode: Failed (0x03)
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPS
ource
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPS
ink
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource
helmi 16 22:32:47 Sailfish bluetoothd[761]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink
Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

Xperia X and Gemini successfully updated. I haven’t tested everything yet, but all the main features I use work fine. Thanks for the Slovak. :+1: :boom:

Workaround: copy url from native browser to Opera and proceed.
Suggestion: create an option to change the default browser.

1 Like

@jovirkku Any chance of sailfish-audiorecorder showing up in the store (as opposed to just being available in the repos)?

2 Likes

I have just installed Koli on my XA2 Dual Sim and Signal -as well as Threema and Telegram- work as a charme while connected to WiFi or cellular. Maybe your Signal installation is somehow messed up. I use the direct download from Signals Website.

And i wanted to be an architecture hipster…

:+1:t5: That’s a great idea! I successfully used SF connect to use my desktop browser for this (you have to copy the final link back to the SF browser).

Thanks @attah. Those two lines seem to be somewhat contradicting. The work is still ongoing, so “not supported” is closer to the truth. I will consider those text lines again.

Could you be so kind and try again?

It works now!
The curse and blessing of working from home; publishing apps during lunch.

2 Likes

Which version have you downloaded? Have you installed microG?

I have Version 5.3.12 and microG installed. But it tells me that it does not find “Google Services”. And contacts are also not loaded.

Yes, it is 5.3.12 but I do not use Google services of any kind. Notification is slower but it works for me.

Bluetooth seems to be somehow broken in 4.0.1.45/48.
With the JollaC I can activate it, but no icon appears in the status bar. Searching for devices and transferring data works, however.
With the XperiaX, I was able to activate it a few times at random, but not at all at the moment.
Maybe it has something to do with: Failed to open RFKILL control device

2 Likes

Hi sailors. Would you have some time to look at my issue with account providers please? I cannot configure my existing accounts, see [4.0.1.45] Account configuration is not working Problem seems to be in close-source part of Sailfish, so I am unable to dig deeper…