QR code recognition does not work on Jolla Tablet

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): any since QR code recognition was added to Camera
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Jolla Tablet
UI LANGUAGE: any

DESCRIPTION:

Enabling the QR code recognition in the Camera application doesn’t do anything on the Jolla Tablet. It doesn’t recognise any QR codes. Testing with the Jolla C, Xperia X and Xperia 10 II reveals it works on those devices, so the bug appears to be specific to the Jolla Tablet.

PRECONDITIONS:

Update to the latest available version of Sailfish OS.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Enable QR code recognition via Settings → Apps → Camera
  2. Open Camera
  3. Show QR code to main camera

EXPECTED RESULT:

QR code is recognised and shows up as a little icon to tap on.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Nothing appears to happen, there’s no icon to tap on.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I’d add a screenshot of the Camera app with a QR code in plain view, but the screenshot functionality on the Jolla Tablet is still broken after 3 years…

1 Like

Is it still reproducible? I haven’t any Jolla Tablet to test it. Thank you in advance.

The same on Xperia 10. But Code Reader 1.0.50 works.

QR code recognition only works if the phone is in picture taking mode. It’s a bit unintuitive to me at least but that seems to be how it works. Could you check that you haven’t changed to video mode?

And it only works if the Device is unlocked! It’s not working from the Lockscreen-Swipe-up-Camera.

What is a picture taking mode?
I open the app - while in settings QR recognition is enabled, I take a photo of an EAN bar code and take care of sharpness, photo is taken but no decoding. Did I miss something?

What is a picture taking mode?

Normally when not selected Video-Mode.

You don´t need to take a Picture for the recognize-Process. It will be taken out of the Live-Picture the Camera shows. When a QR-Code is recognized, a Button with this Sign appear: [–] which opens on click this page:

And it seems only to work with QR-Code and not Barcode!

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying.

Still broken on the Jolla Tablet, unfortunately. In addition, it looks like the exposure slider (or whatever it’s called) to the right no longer has any effect, either.

1 Like

It doesn’t work even with CodeReader.

1 Like