Pure Maps (Native map app)

That’s correct, I haven’t updated maps since then. Would have to squeeze it into my plans, but it may take a bit of time. Cannot promise any schedule for it, hopefully would be done in some weeks.

6 Likes

Using Pure Maps every day here.
Great app!
It was working on my XA2 Dual with 4.0.5.25

I reflashed 4.0.5.25 and upgraded to the 4.6.0.13.

Pure Maps can’t be installed anymore atm:
Problem: nothing provides 'mapboxgl-qml >= 2.0.0' needed by the to be installed harbour-pure-maps-3.3.0-1.10.1.jolla.armv7hl

Is there something more I should do?

Oh, it’s working when I set the OS version to 4.5.0.25 in Chum :+1:

I tried that with osmscout server, but it still complains about missing libprotobuf.so.29

Oh, actually it doesn’t even show up :confused:

The OSMScout server has to be compiled with a new os target in the SDK … I think we have to wait until the final release of 4.6.0 .

But maybe @ringus will be so kind to compile it for 4.6.0.13 earlier…

2 Likes

There is a linking error with Valhalla in SFOS 4.6.* - hence OSM Scout Server does not build. Looking into it…

6 Likes

Linking to msse? Chatgpt said that it is not needed for a recent gcc, but maybe it’s hallucinating that.

pkcon search gcc
Available   	gcc-10.3.1-1.8.4.jolla.aarch64 (jolla)

Does it qualify as recent?

Edit: set Chum to 4.5.0.25
Edit 2: Rinigus, thanks for many years of great work!

Symlinking the required version numbers is enough - can be done on the phone, just use tab for autocompletion. Install with zypper ignoring dependencies which are the following libraries + mapnik, valhalla-lite and libpostal.

cd /usr/lib64 (/usr/lib in 32-bit)

ln -s libprotobuf.so.25.1.0 libprotobuf.so.29

ln -s libtiff.so.6 libtiff.so.5

ln -s libicudata.so.70 libicudata.so.68
ln -s libicui18n.so.70 libicui18n.so.68
ln -s libicuio.so.70 libicuio.so.68
ln -s libicutest.so.70 libicutest.so.68
ln -s libicutu.so.70 libicutu.so.68
ln -s libicuuc.so.70 libicuuc.so.68

ln -s libboost_chrono.so.1.81.0 libboost_chrono.so.1.66.0
ln -s libboost_date_time.so.1.81.0 libboost_date_time.so.1.66.0
ln -s libboost_filesystem.so.1.81.0 libboost_filesystem.so.1.66.0
ln -s libboost_iostreams.so.1.81.0 libboost_iostreams.so.1.66.0
ln -s libboost_regex.so.1.81.0 libboost_regex.so.1.66.0
ln -s libboost_system.so.1.81.0 libboost_system.so.1.66.0
ln -s libboost_thread.so.1.81.0 libboost_thread.so.1.66.0

1 Like

I think that the fix is known now and corresponding Valhalla update should be ready tonight. Assuming that it works :slight_smile: . So, no real need to start messing with symlinks or other hacks

11 Likes

Valhalla is building now, but osmscout server sadly has a weird linker error, too

its done in chum:testing, not chum proper. so, its not released yet . nothing to see here yet

I was talking about testing: https://build.sailfishos.org/project/monitor?utf8=✓&commit=Filter%3A&failed=1&unresolvable=1&broken=1&blocked=1&dispatching=1&scheduled=1&building=1&finished=1&signing=1&locked=1&deleting=1&pkgname=&repo_4_6_aarch64=1&repo_4_6_armv7hl=1&repo_4_6_i486=1&arch_aarch64=1&arch_armv8el=1&arch_i586=1&project=sailfishos%3Achum%3Atesting&defaults=0

Thank you very much. I think offline navigation saves battery, and it works on holiday

Looking forward to it - no point in updating SFOS until Purrmaps and Pudcatcher work!

I have never understood why Linux apps are so incredibly brittle and dependent, that every update breaks them.

OTOH I can still run every single version of my Windows program compiled between 1987 and 2020 on Win10. It is a complex program, and it uses obscure winapi calls a lot.

What is even the point of having API’s and libs if every new versions is incompatible?
Why not just statically compile everything in the app?

2 Likes

How do we get around this?
I removed v2 and now would like to test v3 with 4.6.0.13 X10III

Did you try this? :

20 chars

I have pushed new Valhalla to SFOS:Chum. It would take some time for it to compile as well as all other packages that were updated today. Should be ready in a day.

18 Likes

@ringus thanks a lot for your efforts.
I really appreciate your software.

3 Likes