Next Sony device (speculation)

ahoy people!
I’ve got a question: which device (do u think) will be the next officially supported device?
I understand that this is pure speculation (most probably). But i’m still wondering.
I need to buy a secondary android device due to corporate requirements at work. Xperia X does not cut it any more because of the Andr 8. So i would like to buy a fresher Sony phone with at least hope that it will at some point be supported by jolla and i can install SFOS on it.
What do u think?

4 Likes

ahoy virgi26,
My experiences with Sony Xperia 10 is good so I can recommend it. But I also do not know newer devices.

I believe the next supported device will be Xperia 10 II
I saw one commit in github which is hinting at this. It may take some time anyway as they need to support Android 10 as a base on top of a new device.

6 Likes

Hopefully a better one than the Xperia 10
The X is a far superior and would trade to have Android 8 in a heartbeat

2 Likes

I would love to see the 5G capable Xperia 5 II make it to the lineup!

7 Likes

I hope also of the Sony xperia 10 II because it have an amoled Display :slight_smile:

1 Like

Next device should be Xperia 10 II, there is a new repo called ‘Seine’ in https://github.com/mer-hybris. You can check it there

5 Likes

Let’s hope support is fairly stable before the phone becomes unavailable.

I also think it will be the 10II. And i wait hard for it the Xperia 10 is a good Phone but the battery is way too small.
But I somehow hope Jolla is working on the 1II or 5II. The advantage is the two phones are almost equipped with the same hardware.
But I also hope, whatever they prepare, it will be soon coz once the 10/5/1 III will be released (rumors say early 2021) it will be hard again to get the “old” phones

2 Likes

Hopefully it could be this putative device. At the same time, I’d prefer a one year hiatus with adaptations to new Sony devices, and rather a better functionality for available models.

1 Like