New Phone on horizon?

The 10 isn’t available in a lot of stores nowadays, but you can get it for 199 at mediamarkt.nl now.
Bought one last week, good upgrade compared to an X.

If you’re interested I have an XA2 Plus for sale.

@yomark thanks and good to know, but MM.nl only ships to nl. :confused: MM.de didn’t sell the X10 -.-
@Deraiden its a good offer, but i had some bad experience and dont like used phones.

Volla Phone ?

Is a great option to choice Volla OS, Ubports or Sailfish!
Check out the specs of the Volla Phone:

3 Likes

I got a second hand XA2 from eBay for ~50 Euros. One rarely noticeable dead pixel and a scratch but battery lasts forever. XA2 has some cool tech to save overcharging battery.

Jolla stated quite a while ago that they were looking for another device. Therefore, I would imagine there is another device on the horizon.

2 Likes

And of course, as always but the Jolla1, no human-sized factor phone… We live in an undesirable ugly-large-phone dystopia.

9 Likes

No Android support on the Volla phone though I guess?

1 Like

followed the link and ended on indiegogo.
really ? they still own me money for the toyota tablet. btw is that campain still in demand ?ö

never never again !!

ney,

finally closed

3 Likes

I’d like to know how your XA2 battery lasts forever. I have still massive problems to get over day even if the phone is idle…

1 Like

Same for me, after the update to 3.4 my battery life barely lasts a day, while with 3.3 2 days was the norm…

I had bad battery life since I flashed my XA2 wit Sailfish OS. But I start to wonder if this, has something to do with the said version first flashed on the phone. Resetting my phone to factory settings brings me back to 3 Sailfish 3.0.x, not to the actual one. That’s irritating, maybe the Sony parts from flashing process are different from older versions…

@Cryx and @cquence I flashed 3.4 directly. Even with things like Whatsapp in the background, battery will last days. There are notorious battery hogs eg the media player, browser occasionally, most Android stuff. But even with half an hour Opera for Android usage, the battery would still last two days.

It seems that the 3.3 to 3.4 upgrade was highly problematic and I’d probably suggest a fresh installation. On the other hand, it seems MicroG is awkward on fresh 3.4. Either way I’m happy to run through some stuff to contrast our installations, particularly if it will help debug the upgrade process.

I think something is wrong with yours. On average I charge my XA2 Ultra twice a week. On 3.4

4 Likes

Availability of X10 II is almost non-existant right from the start.
I don’t think J should take efforts to support it.

1 Like

Decided to switch to “prefer 3G” as advised in a different thread - 13hours later I lost barely 30%. So it is definitely something related to 4G (although I am all day on WiFi). Anyway, this is OT for this thread.

1 Like

xperia 10 II plus has been canceled and after the new year we are waiting for 10 III with 5G

They already deliver the phones …

I backed the volla phone (with UBTouch pre-installed) in the kickstarter campaign.
I received my phone- as communicated in that campaign- in the end of october.

They said in november they want to open a shop, where you can buy it.
In the volla telegram channel they said until then you can also contact them via mail to buy a phone.

3 Likes

Thx you all for your information.
Volla phone is without Android, isnt it?
Xperia 10 III is to long to go.

it was not planed, but i use now the grapheneos with a pixel 4a. for me it has a good form, clean android 11 and really good photos.
i will use the X as 2. phone.