New feature requests

You don’t need a patch for a reboot option. In Settings > Developer Mode you can activate the reboot option. Developer Mode does not even need to be activated for this.

4 Likes

It’s, of course, not a replacement for a full integration but the newest versions of s1p integrate quite well with the existing contacts and call history.

I know it is maybe slightly outside of the scope of this thread, I just wanted to clarify to someone who is maybe not familiar with this topic that there is (somewhat of) a remedy to the long-standing SIP issue on SFOS.

2 Likes

Have you considered nick change? When I’ve found s1p, I saw “unmaintained” and thought it was an abandoned project :wink:

1 Like

unmaintained was originally the repository of my semi-abandoned projects on OpenRepos.
Mainly proof-of-concept apps I didn’t want to support but at the same time also didn’t want to let go to waste as someone may still find them useful to some extent (e.g. Threema client, NetMon, etc.).
This backfired badly and I’ve received enough complaints to eventually remove most of the apps.
Now the name does not really reflect the contents but, well, It’s hard to come up with a better name :grinning:

3 Likes

You cannot override this functionality; it has been defined in HW and it sure is necessary - how else would you do shutdown if your device is in a tightly hung loop?

1 Like

Even Apple uses IMAP for their notes app. And this through all their systems and with no need to use iCloud. While using Apple hardware I used my personal non-iCloud account for that and I can even access these notes from Sailfish Mail cause I sync all folders. So implementing this shouldn’t be that difficult, I guess.
But notes syncing with a Nextcloud would also be nice.

1 Like

@juiceme
Are you sure about this one?
I would expect the VolUp+Power to be the hardwired one (for X devices, for Jolla ones -as well as on N9x0- you are right.
And also I seem to recall on XA2 a full hang up where power button alone did not react but VolUp+Power did.

Rereading: kuba77 did not specify the model. So I guess we are both right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah yes thanks for clarification, of course this is device dependent! :slight_smile:
Generally what I meant is that for
every device ther needs to be a non-GUI related way to do emergency HW poweroff.

1 Like

Group MMS support would be nice. Every other OS in the US does this.

2 Likes

So… don’t hold it that long? If I hold the power button on my computer for five seconds, it kills the power, too.

1 Like

This is my ‘private initiative’ to start this thread, because I saw many feature requests and wishes spreaded over so many threads. I wanted to create a single wishlist for the users so that the devs can have better overview. (last but not least I wanted to communicate my demand of the SIP functionality).

It is NOT an ‘official’ initiative from Jolla.

1 Like

I wouldn’t suggest it at all, but two times in summer happened to me that I accidentally hold the button and phone goes shutdown. One of that case - when I went from house to garden with phone in hand and take chair and other things so I had full hands…

:slight_smile: OK, so I get it, s1p is maintained after all :wink: Looks nice, but I’m not sure how to setup account; my SIP provider gives me: username, domain, proxy (and password of course). I don’t know where to put proxy (maybe I should start another thread, 'cos it’s going offtopic here?).

It doesn’t really support setting a proxy different from a registrar/domain yet.
You could also just open an issue in the issue tracker should you need this feature.

@unmaintained : I found your page on OpenRepos, and downloaded the newer armv7hl version.
What have I to do now to install it on the Sailfish Phone? It’s a Sony Xperia 10 Dual SIM.

I’ve created a new topic for s1p - otherwise it would feel like I’m hijacking this thread with apparently so much interest in SIP on Sailfish.
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/sip-on-sailfish-aurora-with-s1p

5 Likes

OP @Seven.of.nine , could you please edit the title to “new feature requests” (plural)? This makes it a lot clearer what this thread is about. Otherwise it seems that this is a sloppy-titled thread for one specific feature request.

(Or also something longer and more descriptive is fine, of course.)

2 Likes

Yes, having it in plural is better. Done.

But hey, note that we have now the new category “Feature Requests”. See About the Feature Requests category. There is no need to collect multiple requests under one post/thread.

3 Likes

Yes I agree, but Jovirkku was faster … :wink:

2 Likes

Duckduckgo as search engine for the browser.
How could google and yandex could be use and not the best search engine for privacy ?
And yahoo is not a search engine…
It’s a such shame…

2 Likes