REPRODUCIBILITY: 100% (on my phone, that is)
BUILD ID: 126.96.36.199 (Koli)
HARDWARE: Xperia XA2
UI LANGUAGE: Dutch
Early july, prior to upgrading to 4.0.1, I successfully managed to perform a manual backup to SD. When I now tried to perform the exact same operation, preparing for the 4.1 (Kvarken) update, the backup fails at the level of the playlists or notes (~ “Error: can’t load notes” or “Error: can’t load playlists”).
- Assure SD card is present and has sufficient space.
- Settings>System>Backup-up>Manual backup>“Backup up now” button (best guess translations based on Dutch UI)
Progression and completion of backup progress bar, and creation of backup file in root of SD card (at least, this is where I found the file of the last successful manual backup to be residing)
- Backup progress bar progresses and messages “back-up: accounts” and “back-up: gallery” (best guess translations) appear below bar.
- Then error message “Error: can’t load notes” or “Error: can’t load playlists” (best guess translations) appears below the progress bar, along with a ‘check’ (~ “V”) sign to the right of the progress bar.
- Despite the ‘check’ sign, no backup file was created in the root folder of the SD card.
(no idea how to read the log files and/or where to find the relevant ones, journalctl seemed to require root, please advise)