Make Twitter have the choice to see or not tweet feed in events view

REPRODUCIBILITY: ALWAYS
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.18
HARDWARE: XPERIA 10 DUAL SIM
UI LANGUAGE: ITALIAN

DESCRIPTION:

I set up Twitter as an account, but tweets are always in events view. I’d expect that when I clear all notifications they’ll go away as the other, but they’re always there.

PRECONDITIONS:

Setting your Twitter account in the device

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Set up Twitter as an account in system application
  2. Look into events
  3. Tap on erase all notifications

EXPECTED RESULT:

The notifications should be cleaned until new ones comes

ACTUAL RESULT:

→ Other notifications entries such Whatsapp, Email does disappear. Twitter’s doesn’t

MODIFICATIONS:

MicroG,Fakestore

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

1 Like

Adding a Twitter account gives you two things:

• Twitter notifications (“John Smith liked your tweet”)
  • A mini-feed of the 5-10 most recent tweets

What you’re seeing in the screenshot is the mini-feed, which you can’t remove because it isn’t a notification. You wouldn’t go to twitter.com and expect all tweets to disappear once you’d read them, either (although perhaps that wouldn’t be such a bad thing). Back in the day, Facebook posts also showed up in this mini-feed, but Facebook blocked third parties from accessing posts a long time ago. Perhaps one day we’ll be able to add Fediverse accounts and have their posts show up in the mini-feed…

You could turn this into a feature request. In the settings for a Twitter account, there’s a switch for ‘tweets and notifications’, and turning it off removes the ‘mini-feed’, but it also stops Twitter notifications from coming in. It could be useful to enable one but disable the other, and it sounds like it would probably not be extremely difficult to uncouple the two.

2 Likes

Whats does PUBLIC RELEASE mean?

Meanwhile I wonder if it will still work despite all the mess that Musk does.

Actually I thought it was much better on the N9, where you could have RSS feeds of your choice on the events page.

Actually it’s my first bug report so didn’t know what to put in regression :slight_smile:
Anyway nthn’s post, that’s maybe the solution. Let the user the possibility to receive notifications and seeing the feed of tweets in events view.

Thank you for your contribution. Don’t hesitate to ask the next time if you’re unsure.

For your next bug report, I invite you to install and use a great app called Bugger!. As part of the Community Bug Coordinator it helps me a lot.

1 Like

So, since it’s not a bug, how can I change it to a feature-request?
thank you

I changed for you. You may rewrite the content to clarify what you expect.

2 Likes