Make alarm sound setting in Ambience persistent

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100, one-hundred percent
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3.0.12
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): Sony Xperia XA2
UI LANGUAGE: German, Deutsch, DE
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes, exists since version ~3. Used to be working in v1 and (I guess) v2.x.

DESCRIPTION:

German: Einstellungen - System - Ambiente - (wähle eines) - Aktion hinzufügen - Alarm - Aus Musikdateien auswählen

(English, just guessing:
Settings - System - Ambiences - (choose any) - Add action - Alarm - Pick from file/music (SD-Card, in my case))

Alarm of this Ambience (if active) uses the music file picked in the step before - as long as I do not reboot the phone.

PRECONDITIONS:

Ambience, music file (mp3) on device available

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Attach a sound (music file) (from SD-Card?) to an audio action of an Ambience (see DESCRIPTION above)
  2. Set an alarm an see = hear the file you picked in step 1) is used
  3. Reboot the phone
  4. Go to the Ambience’s settings: You may add an action again, as the Ambience has “forgotten” you choose an action previously

EXPECTED RESULT:

One a music file is linked to an action of an Ambience, it remains reliably there until the user changes it. Make it shutdown/reboot persistent.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Looks like an issue of temporary storage: Ambience does not remember the file once rebooted.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I am willing to do some logging, debugging, whatever helps. Not being a professional software developer and not a native English speaker, please bear with me.

Can you try whether it works with files not stored on SD card but in device memory?

Yes, I did. Some results:

• If the sound file is stored on the SD card, the alarm remains, the (invisibly) linked file is used. The Ambience’s setting is empty. No file linked to an action, at least it’s not shown.
  • If the file is stored on the phone, the alarm remains as well, and the Ambience’s setting is correct. Song title is displayed right next to alarm. File is used.
    As of now, looks like this is just about a persistent display of a file stored on the SD card.

I’m wondering if it’s not a duplicate of Ambience sound settings get lost/overwritten when switching between ambiences

These do look very similar, but if I understand right, the issue here is caused by the audio file being stored on SD card, whereas in the linked case it’s slightly broader and not related to SD cards.

I’ve therefore created an internal report about this issue too, and tagged it as “tracked” here.