DESCRIPTION:

in the mail app text is not scrollable, instead it continuously covers the text

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your bug report. May I ask you to rephrase your description and complete the bug report?

If your bug report is not editable anymore, please create a new one with Bugger!.

I think he means that if he tries to scroll the email, it does not move, instead an empty field that covers the email comes down from the top that overlays the email.
It is similar to problems observed with webview in different apps (i have it in hafenschau) and seems to be related to the pref.js file

1 Like

yes, exactly. i read this thread and thought about fixing it that way, but i didn’t have access to the device yet

It may be worth to share this mail to be able to easily reproduce it.

I have the same problem. SFOS 4.5.0.19. I have uninstalled /installed e-mail client. No difference.

Please provide more information. I have no clue how to reproduce it.

It would be nice to provide some logs. For instance open the mail app from your terminal and report the errors. Here is the command:

/usr/bin/invoker --type=browser,silica-qt5 -A -- /usr/bin/jolla-email

Or open journalctl as root with the option -f and check if some information can be retrieven.

Transfer the mail is another possibility to test on another device is needed, too.

The fix as suggested by @davidrasch is something like

rm /home/defaultuser/.local/share/com.jolla/email/__PREFS_WRITTEN__

Which then permits updates which fix the webview. I believe.

1 Like

Thanks. It worked. No I can scroll and zoom in e-mails.

1 Like