[localisation] Translation strings for the Sailfish OS release 5.0.0

The “last modified” column? That is completly useless. It suggest that the person to the right of the date did at this date the last modification, but that is not the case…

Oh, that too. :roll_eyes: I hope someone will be able to update our l10n platform.

I hope so too :slight_smile: We have a long overdue plan to move to Weblate, but simply haven’t had the time and resources to execute that.

5 Likes

FYI: I also translate linux distro Mageia (web, SW, …). I don’t have personal experience with Weblate. OTOH we (as Mageia l10n team) have a nice experience with Transifex. I does offer nice CLI tools which can be used for migration too. There is also git integration, API and other goodies.

1 Like

I’m happy to help translate to Spanish Latin American, but I’m not sure how it works, most of the items that need translation already seem to have a proposed translation, do I just “confirm” is a good translation? Thanks!

There is now post about the Language coordinators status.

@econdebachs if you would like to be a coordinator I can give you permissions to submit translations and accept suggestions

4 Likes

That would be cool, I don’t mind having a look at all the Spanish and try to complete things up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent! If you want to add me as second for Spanish Spain I’m happy to help as well, slightly different but should be good enough to support both.

希望有各位大佬推进中文翻译谢谢,I hope someone can complete the translation of the Chinese language, thank you!누군가 중국어 번역을 완료할 수 있기를 바랍니다, 감사합니다!誰か中国語の翻訳を完成してくれることを願っています、ありがとう!

better late than never, sorry i’ve been busy.
Just finished reviewing the French translations, thanks @pherjung for doing most of the work! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Couple of new strings were added in jolla-settings-system for the home screen orientation setting. And one new ambience in sailfish-content-ambiences-default.

5 Likes

Can you give a hint which kind of “Flare” that is? There are several meanings in English, and also in other languages.
Or do we just leave Ambience names untranslated/same translation?

1 Like

I would suggest… do not translate if your uncertain.
Only applied to ambiences, of course.

I am interpreting that as an emergency flare.

Hehe, spoilers…

But yeah, ambience names are translated.

And this is a fire/flame kind of flare, or solar flare. Not lens flare.

Of course leaving it as is also an option, as it might be difficult to pick a fitting word without seeing the picture.

3 Likes

@ljo Can you please keep up and review? As you do not translate your self, it’s getting hard to keep up with Jolla’s time limits.

So, can you post a picture?

I forgot my password for translation and also the username I had there to log in! how can I restore it? Can’t find any ‘forgot password’ button and also forgot with what mail address the account is linked! What can I do?

It’s the same as your Jolla account (which is also true for this Forum).
Do you have that info still?

1 Like

Yes I have, so I’ll try again. Password manager of the browser showed me things that confused me.

edit: works, Thank’s for your hint!