HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): Xperia 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: Swedish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

Landscape numbers keyboard does not work

PRECONDITIONS:

None

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Browse to a website that takes input in numbers only in some form (e.g. https://www.bauhaus.se/ at the top) or use go-to-page in a PDF in sailfish-office.
  2. Turn phone to lansdscape
  3. Try to type

EXPECTED RESULT:

Number input is possible

ACTUAL RESULT:

Number input is not possible

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

3 Likes

Thanks, I filed this in our internal bug tracker.

2 Likes

For completeness, i also see this:

And for me that ends up freezing quite a lot in portrait numerical after this.

1 Like

Not fixed in 4.2.0.21.

1 Like

Did anyone find a workaround? It keeps me from updating my updating main device.

I can confirm this issue for 10 Plus Dual SIM and 10 II Dual SIM in standard browser, Firefox and also Android apps.

As a workaround you can connect a hardware keyboard over USB or Bluetooth and type in the numbers that way.

Hmmm, i just had the numbers keyboard show up when it wasn’t supposed to. And it did not accept input, although it gave some feedback. After that, i was stuck in non-working numeric mode.

This bug appears to be fixed in 4.3.0.12, at least for the website linked in the original quesiton.

Sure, the main aspect of the reported bug is. But this variant/aspect of it persists.

1 Like

Yep!, found that out just now. I closed sailfish browser with Foreca’s weather page open. Upon opening browser this morning, I go to change the URL and the number keyboard pops up. Restarting lipstick fixes it.

1 Like