Jolla Phone update - Deliveries started and other next steps

My jolla phone has just arrived, but i am a little confused and disappointed. :frowning:

There are two scratches on the top and bottom. I bought protective covers to exactly prevent that. What makes me wondering: I bought screenprotector, protective covers and so one, multiples cases. All of them do have a transparent seal, except the jolla phone is that expected?

I am honestly disappointed that i get a new phone which does has already scratches.

Edit: Maybe I got a returned device which has not been checked, maybe that is the reason for the missing transparent seal?

4 Likes

That is a bummer. I guess it should be possible to get a new one if you make a complaint/reclaim. Look into the purchase information about that.

1 Like

According to DHL mine was delivered a few minutes ago. I cannot tell since I am currently not at home

6 Likes

I believe all new Jolla 2026 phones have a transparent plastic film with a small loop (ment to be pealed off) at top as the initial screen protector. If yours didn’t have it then something went wrong with the device you got.
It’s a pity that the device had apparently been scratched. The frame seems to me as durable as the one used for Nokia N9.

2 Likes

Sorry, probably I was not precise enough. I mean the transparent seal which “close” the box of the phone. Does something exist on your boxes? All other boxes for cases + screen protectors does have a seal.

Thank you all for the responses!

Cheer yourself up with a Radeberger! :winking_face_with_tongue: :beer_mug:

4 Likes

Just so that everyone here understand, it is mandated by Finnish law that every employee have to keep holiday at least 2 weeks straight during summer season. Plus we value things outside of work, so I think all Jolla employees have deserved their holidays during summer. Double plus, there is always some employees present, but for example decision making might be slower

26 Likes

There was no plastic film around the box. It was as sustainable as the boxes from Sony’s Xperia’s.

1 Like

I know mate, I think this is the same in most European countries. And probably it’s not only the employer you have to look at, also their family. I understand all this, it’s difficult.

4 Likes

They probably have had quite a crunch for months prior to the release and deserve a break. It is not like they are all out of office at the same time, but taking turns to keep things rolling on deliveries and software updates.

If you mean the small transparent circular sticker, then at least my phone’s box didn’t have one of those, but the accessories had them. (I got my phone in the Day1 event, if that makes any difference)

13 Likes

Same here. Accessories had the seal but the phone didn’t.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the response, so it looks like it is expected that there is no seal for the phone box.

Even that the situation about the scratches on the phone are uncomfortable for me, i am still happy to have such fast responses from the community. Best sail community :sailboat: :fish:

12 Likes

Sorry @Jolla for all complaining. And thank you for the shipment email!

Batch 1 order number 48xx shipment label created.

10 Likes

We miss more of this! we know you are busy, but small (really small) updates are important.

7 Likes

Same here, Batch 1 #45xx!

3 Likes

My two devices came today. I’m playing around with one of them at the moment. First impression is good. At least if I leave the poor vibrator aside.

2 Likes

The pure vibrator is poor?

3 Likes

Mine’s finally here, too.

Great you can unlock with fingerprint again. Over all it’s much faster than C2.

Actually running the upgrade before I’ll start customizing :wink:

3 Likes

poor of course. :flushed_face: I corrected it.

All the phones are flashed manually before sending them out, so it is not unlikely that some scratching may have happened during that process.

Still disappointing for you I can imagine, but it seems unlikely to me that it is a returned phone.

If I were you, I would make a complaint directly with Jolla. This should have been picked up in QC. However, I can also imagine they don’t want to delay any shipments is possible. This being the first batch.

2 Likes