Jolla Phone update - Deliveries started and other next steps

This is an argument which i disagree. No matter how big the company is, the product quality should be always the same. It should not matter, if i buy a smartphone from Jolla, Volla, Sony, Apple and so on.

5 Likes

More importantly, in my view, it’s about recognising shortcomings when they arise and addressing them – which is exactly what Jolla is doing. And for that, we can only thank Jolla for listening to its users; not all companies do that.

Thank you to the whole team for your resilience in the face of such a huge workload!!

PS: I’m getting mine tomorrow… I can’t wait any longer! :blush:

11 Likes

Is this a recurring issue? I don’t think so. I think it behaves that way because the vibration motor transfers the vibration into the plastic, causing it to spread throughout the whole phone. There are probably two solutions :smiley: Either improve the quality of the area the vibration motor comes into contact with, or tune the vibration settings specifically for the J2. I think someone needs to experiment with adjusting the vibration motor so that it is as unobtrusive as possible.

That sentence felt a bit irritating to me, but of course it’s also possible that the user caused the scratch themselves. I think the only question to ask here is whether they recorded a video from the very beginning while opening the box. If the scratch is clearly visible in the video, then I think Jolla should take responsibility for it, since it would obviously be an issue on their side.

And putting that aside, why does it scratch so easily in the first place? As far as I know, this phone doesn’t have an aluminium body, does it?

I completely agree. It should deliver the level of functionality expected for the price you pay. And then there’s that old Nokia quality… ah, it never came back. Apple was getting it just right for a while, but they gave up on it too. =(

I have a question (and it might be a stupid one for that). I preordered early December (Order #48XX). When i got the mail to finally order the phone I bought it at the end of march. But I forgot to order it with the voucher. When this came to my mind I reached out to Jolla. They refunded my pre-order Voucher. I’m asking myself if I’m in line for my Order with my Pre-order voucher or not. I fear I’m not, as i think that my Voucher is now listed as cancelled despite me ordering the phone. I would understand that but it still would also annoy me as I might have to wait longer to get my phone. The order for my phone is still listed as Batch #1 but with a higher order number (#173XX).

2 Likes

No, I did exactly the same thing.

I paid the full amount without the discount code, and then emailed them.

They provided a refund and just today I got my dispatch email.

My preorder number is 45xx, and that is the order in which they will send your phone out.

3 Likes

A long day again here in Salo and Jolla Phone deliveries moving forward. For these kind of long days, our dear JBL that we introduced to Jolla Phone Day1 queue is now keeping us going here in Salo. We call it Factory radio / Tehdasradio and oh boy it serves us well. Let’s keep on shipping :sailboat:.

Reminder regarding Inari Blue Special TOH
If you missed it in the Jolla Phone Day1 event, please drop us an email to shop@jolla.com with a subject starting with JollaPhoneOrderChanges and message including your order number, and we’ll get the Inari Blue Special TOH send to you. Kindly use the same email as with your original order so we can match easier :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetings from Salo :heart_hands:

62 Likes

Do you guys have any timeline yet on when the actual handover to posti will happen? I got my tracking number(s) on 21/07, but nothing happened since then.

It’s like showing candy to a kid, and then refuse them to take some. :pleading_face::grinning_face:

2 Likes

Where are you at? I have heard similar stories before and then suddenly it shows up closer to home. Have you gotten several tracking numbers. Check each of them and see if any shows up as shipped. I think your phone is already handed over.

2 Likes

Luxembourg. I have 3 tracking numbers, all 3 show ā€œWe are waiting for the parcelā€ as their current status.

glad to hear that they are least sending a shipment email….

I have been under the impression they would ship without letting me update the forward addressing company that the packages are on the way…

at a minimum, an email shipping notice is better then no updated invoice when multiple items ordered are shipped in one package…

https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2026/sailfishos-meeting.2026-07-02-16.00.txt

Will a new invoice with
one (rainemak, 16:09:26)

  • shipping fee be sent with one package containing the
    multiple #info items? (rainemak, 16:09:26)
  • (rainemak, 16:09:29)
  • We will need to know if a new invoice with all the items in
    one (rainemak, 16:09:31)
  • package will be sent so we can upload it. Some of us have
    (rainemak, 16:09:33)
  • uploaded the individual invoices to a forwarding address.
    (rainemak, 16:09:35)
  • If Jolla sends one package with multiple phones without
    letting (rainemak, 16:09:37)
  • us know, the receiver may keep some items since it doesn’t
    (rainemak, 16:09:39)
  • match the invoice uploaded or send back to Jolla.
    (rainemak, 16:09:41)
  • We’ll bundle orders and refund extra shipping costs. When it
    (rainemak, 16:09:43)
  • comes to newly created invoices, it won’t happen – almost
    (rainemak, 16:09:45)
  • certainly we don’t do that. It’s a way too laboursome effort
    for (rainemak, 16:09:47)
  • our team. (rainemak, 16:09:49)

I got the three tracking numbers on 23/7 and the ā€˜real’ one was handed over to ā€˜Posti, K-Citymarket Pirkkala’ later that day, so I wonder if something went wrong with your package. If it doesn’t show up at your door this week (with another tracking number), I’d definitely contact Jolla about it. I’m in Belgium so delivery should take the same amount of time, I imagine mine will arrive on Saturday or Monday.

1 Like

Have you received anything from an end carrier? Today I received both an email from Jolla that gave a teaching number from Posti and not much later an email from another carrier that will bring it the last part of the way.

1 Like

Hi Jolla.

I ordered my Jolla phone 21/3. In what batch am I in?

/Jens

The batches are summarized in the post quoted below. You’re in ā€œSeptember-IIā€. Also, your batch information should be in the purchase confirmation e-mail.

7 Likes

Hey, I can’t find the right thread but there are other things in the title. Has the sale of this model already ended or will there still be any batches? I do not hide that my C2 would like to retire. I was late with the preorder.

1 Like

You can currently pre-order the upcoming batch with estimated delivery in october on the jolla webshop.

2 Likes

No, nothing from a end carrier yet. But that does not surprise me, as I suspect POST Luxembourg to do the final delivery, and they don’t do announcement e-mails or something similar in general.

That being said, my order is currently under investigation from Jolla, which is trying to find out what happened. I’ve got contacted by them yesterday, as normally at least one of the three tracking numbers should show some movement by now.

Edit: In fact, it seems like something went wrong, but they are handing it over to posti right now. Mistakes happen, and their handling of it could not be any better. Big thanks to the whole team!

10 Likes

I am also on #48XX number…. So i expect that we are almost there…. :grinning_face:

2 Likes

It’s funny to me, how excited I am. This will be my first Phone without Android and the final move away from US-Tech as possible, at least for me. I know that there will be some difficulties or so, but to me IT doesn’t matter that much. It’s worth for supporting a eu-company.

26 Likes

I am 484x, so you should soon be up. Hope for a speedy delivery.

2 Likes