Jolla Phone : First Experiences, Pros and Cons

Problem: this conflicts with the App-drawer. I like the fact that I have always direct access to the app drawer by way of the bottom-edge-up gesture.
But I understand the point. That is why I am always confused when using Android or iOS and never realy get it with Android or iOS.
And I prefer seeing all open apps in a widget like manner instead of obscure app switching as provided by iOS or Android. But this is clearly a question of personal preferences and what one is used to.

@Podginator: all your observations are fair points and many concern design choices involving trade-offs in one or the other direction. Many in this forum might be so much used to the Jolla UI that we struggle with design choices Apple or Android once made. And having multiple repositories/AppSources is similar to the situation before Apple “invented” the iTunes Store/AppleAppStore, i.e. a single source for all apps. It would be great if most native apps could be found in the official Jolla store (Harbour) but this is hard to achieve with limited resources. Thank you for sharing your observations!

BTW: I also liked webOS by Palm/HP a lot … but Meego was most intriguing

20 Likes