Jolla Phone Community Shipping Tracker

Keep in mind there’s only a skeleton crew doing the shipments right now. Once the other Jolla employees return from their holidays, I assume the pace will start picking up significantly.

1 Like

It was just a general notification as tracking number was not included, and most importantly: shopify still shows my order as under preparation.

Just to be clear: by “shipping” I mean providing a valid tracking number to the buyer, which moves inside the postal system. If I wanted to write about delivery date, I would have used that word. If I was not clear on that matter, sorry about that.

BTW previously it was clearly declared, that the shipping order is based on the preorder numbers, so normally it shouldn’t matter where you ordered it from.

I didn’t knew about the holiday, I just looked for public holidays, and there was none around this time.

1 Like

Sorry, let me clarify: I believe on 21.7 everyone in batch 1 got a general notification e-mail that orders are being shipped and some early batch 1 buyers also got an e-mail informing them that their order had been shipped and were provided with a tracking number.

@clashi @Apexi can you confirm this is the case?

He is not saying that the general email was a shipment email, he is just saying that the same day people received their actual shipment email.

This is my main point. But I am also wondering if maybe some people haven’t entered that they have received their shipment email.

2 Likes

It’s possible. But then again, you’d expect at least some people to enter that they received their shipment e-mail. So even if a few did not, we’d notice others reporting they did and assume everyone up to that point also got their shipment e-mail.

There is another possibility, which is slightly more positive I guess. A few days ago when Jolla reported that the White TOHs arrived, there was a monitor in the background with their tracking software. It was impossible to read, but Jolla posted a photo of it before which was easier to read - based on those two one user pointed out 1000 phones had already been finished assembly. It is possible Jolla has simply been assembling phones all this time and has been hoarding them.

edit: The photo’s in question:

Photo from Salo assembly:

Photo from when the White TOH arrived:

Clearly says over a thousand.

5 Likes

Yes. It was a separate email with title “Shipping update for order #422x #17xxx” and a tracking number inside.

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming! Hopefully you’re enjoying your Jolla Phone :slight_smile:

What I thought was interesting about those dashboard pics was that the first one they published clearly shows the hourly stats as well, with a rate topping at about 60 units per hour in the initial production when the Day1 phones went through the line. Assuming that rate would be sustainable, it would be something in the ballpark of 7 * 60 = 420 units per day.

Of course, we need to keep in mind there still are several steps between the completed final assembly and having the devices shipped out, such as picking and packing the orders (i.e. collecting all the ordered accessories and bundling them into the outgoing parcel), related paperwork and the physical pickup/drop off at the courier(s). Especially the latter ones are quite likely to be heavily batch-oriented – for example a single delivery vehicle will fit a whole bunch of orders in one go.

2 Likes

Shipping does seem to have stalled for some reason or other, i’m in the 45xx region and my order hasn’t shipped yet.

Could be for any number of reasons. The white OHs arrived so maybe they’re being despatched first. It could be that the next revision I3C sub boards are closer to delivery than they thought. Or they could be trying to get a handle on the dust issue that some people have experienced.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know! I’m in 48xx and am eager to know about the progress.

It would make sense for them to pack the white other half with all orders from now on, and they have already said they are prioritising sending out the white OH to those who haven’t received it.

It will be interesting to know if they are trying to solve the dust issue, but I’m not sure they will. It maybe that is one thing that is keeping them from sending out the phones. Maybe there will be an update. Who knows.

I’m in 49xx. Anyway it could be possible that the delay is caused by this Jolla Phone 2026 - batch 1 - Dust building up between front camera and screen glass - #35 by thejiral

2 Likes

It’s possible, I do think I’d like them to investigate this before sending out over 10k phones. But that issue was only reported yesterday and shipping numbers have stalled for a while longer than that. So if it is related, it is not the sole cause.

1 Like

Unless Jolla spotted that issue a few days before it was reported here.

3 Likes

I didn’t want to refill the submission form as I’d have to re-enter all values, but I got my phone today :partying_face:

6 Likes

I’ll manually enter the date. Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy!

4 Likes

I got my shipping email about 31 minutes ago (I also updated the community form).

I received 3 emails, in the span of less than a minute. One states “Your order is on the way” and two email stating “Your shipping status has been updated”. All came from shop@jolla.com .

It seems one of the “Your shipping status has been updated” is shipping notice for the €99 voucher and the other one for the phone. I think this is because at the end of the day I made two transactions (as if I purchased two items) and therefore I received two update emails.

3 Likes

Very curious, you’re pretty far removed from the next closest person to have gotten a notification. (It’s a bit messy atm but I mean roughly 48xx)

Are there really that many people on the tracker that haven’t updated their status? :thinking:

I haven’t heard anything yet, I’m in 52xx

1 Like

I received my shipping notification today with 443x, maybe it was late because I ordered in White?

Arrived today, preorder number 4289. Ordered Snow White, came in Kaamos Black (not The Orange) + separate Snow White and Inari Blue TOH, screen protector and case.

2 Likes