Jolla Love Day 2

Hm from the sound effects, prompts, and default voice it sure looks like Mind2AI is drawing heavily on open source AI projects like MyCroft.AI and Snips.

Is the same thing as

and the new Jolla device(s) - 5 euro/month is no joke, comparable with streaming service monthly fees…

While the shop is being updated, the new C2 phone looks like it might be a customised version of this: S19 MAX PRO S MOR | reeder

I bet there are a few more Android apps out there than Viber… :wink:

There are apps that stopped updating - like Viber - and there are ones that never run with Android Support for one reason or another. Sometimes because of lacking Google Services but that is obvious.

Now having a device that I buy then pay 5 euros per month and have to make the compromises I had to made, well…

1 Like

5 is basically the lowest you can charge for anything at all and have it make sense.

Sure half is still comparable - bit it is still half. Many seem to be heading for more like €15.

4 Likes

anyway, what the SoC is that powers the new device? how long a company like Reeder will support drivers, etc…

…and legitimately out of their control, like it or not.

do you remember Intex Aquafish? :wink: Having full(!) Android support from out of the box, Google Services and Google Plays Store access included?

So, it might or might not out of their control - but I see that this is due to privacy aspect and I support it.
But what gives monthly support to current one time upfront payment from Android Support point of view?

50 euro vs. hundreds if you use the phone as I sue for many years…

They can plan how much budget they have and are not depending on buyers from a one time fee.

How do we purchase the Community Devices?

From https://shop.jolla.com/

2 Likes

https://shop.jolla.com/details/91eb91d3-c3de-41d0-b3c0-7075a339112d/
edit: snap

as in: available right now :slight_smile:

ah it just updated. Excellent.

With the Jolla’s reliability in software, Mercedes is fucked.

7 Likes

Interesting thing noticed in passing: “GPL3 is no longer an issue”.

11 Likes

I wonder if the display if the C2 phone will be an OLED display. Does anyone know?

1 Like

This seems like to be the base model for the C2: S19 MAX PRO S YEŞİL | reeder

Both “S19” and “PRO MAX” in the name - not very original xD

Only real extra info is that it looks to be a Unisoc T606.

2 Likes

So the Mind 2 seams to come with only a mandatory Subscription (9.99€ a month) So the big question is are you bying a 600€ Paperweight without the Subscription?

Edit: So it looks like it can work without it in some way or another

3 Likes